What's new

What ya think.....someones dumps??? PIC UPDATE

packerbacker

Gold Member
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
8,350
Reaction score
2,992
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ya think.....someone's dumps??? PIC UPDATE

Called the bank to order a box today. Teller told me someone had just brought in $550 worth that they "said" they had been collecting. I was a rarity at this bank because I was the only person that ever delt in halves with them. They are hand-rolled. I'm gonna get them after work and check 'em out. Could be a big score or ziltch. Any guesses??
 
Upvote 0
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

I hope they meant they were holding on to them for 40 years, no that they were returning ones they look through. Good luck.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

Yeah- dumps is my guess (but I hope not).
"Collecting"= code word that tellers use to try to pawn them off on you.
Let us know or do what I do - buy $100 for a sample.
Or - do her a favor and buy them all to stay on her good side.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

TXTim said:
Yeah- dumps is my guess (but I hope not).
"Collecting"= code word that tellers use to try to pawn them off on you.
Let us know or do what I do - buy $100 for a sample.
Or - do her a favor and buy them all to stay on her good side.

Like Tim said, buy a sample. Then decide.

Good luck.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

i'd buy them all becuase if they are somones rejects :-X you can just take them to another bank and get your money back. if you just bought $100 worth, when you get back those halves might be gone.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

TXTim said:
Yeah- dumps is my guess (but I hope not).
"Collecting"= code word that tellers use to try to pawn them off on you.
Let us know or do what I do - buy $100 for a sample.
Or - do her a favor and buy them all to stay on her good side.

I say buy em all, as long as the count is accurate what is the harm. It doesn't take long to search through $500. That and there are a lot of people who don't seem to realize that silver didn't stop at 1964.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

Well, I bought them all and I'm glad I did. You may have guessed it gman. I bought $550 worth and not one 90%er. I did however, score 89 40%ers, 2 proofs and a couple real shiny 1999's that I put in the books. I took a pic but can't download it until tomorrow at another computer. I found 6 more after I took the pic. Staying on the good side of the teller is another very good suggestion! Seems like they are all cute and all friendly at this location. I enjoy going in. ;D
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

Nicely played there PB..............and great results too !

Kudos.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps???

One easy way to know if they,or part of them, were dumped by another hunter is whether or not those 89 keepers were spread out evenly among all 55 rolls or were there 4 solid rolls and a couple partial rolls?

Nice %age nonetheless.

As far as finding only 40's,I haven't found a 90% in a hand roll in quite some time and have only found a few 40's when I do find silver.The only 90% I have found lately have been in boxes and few and far between :'(.

By the way,did they order you a box anyway or tell you to buy these as your box?

I have come across banks that other hunters dump their searched boxes at and they would not order any box(es) for me until they sold those dump boxes.Trouble is they never seemed to ship the junk out regularly.
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps??? PIC UPDATE

The distribution was very random between the rolls. Some had none (can you believe it? ;D), some had 4, others one or two. She would have ordered me a box also but it wouldn't have come in until next week. I'm ordering a box from another source for next week. This just goes to show that you should keep checking with the banks. I've gotten all the halves this bank has had previously. I think the last time I cleaned out the teller's trays was about a month ago and it's usually only a few dollars worth. These came in after that. Total of 40%ers ended up being 91!! Six didn't get in the pic
 

Attachments

  • 550.webp
    550.webp
    59.7 KB · Views: 297
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps??? PIC UPDATE

Good score!
and you did the teller a big favor!
Win-win. :D
 
Re: What ya think.....someone's dumps??? PIC UPDATE

Very nice, HH Mark
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom