What yall think about this??

PanManStan

Mar 5, 2007
Milwaukee
What y'all think about this??

So, in the last few months I've went through literally about $20,000 (about 40 boxes) worth of halves. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Just looking for Walkers. Of course I did keep the few, VERY FEW, pre 64's and the like. I appreciate Ben (Mr. Franklin if you're nasty), really, I do. But I want the lady Liberty. They are so pleasing to the eye.

Anyway, I figured what the hell, can't find that nappy headed ho in rolls, I'll hit up eBay. Guaranteed to find that girl every time. And I did.

I always hear "Don't clean/shine those coins, they're worth more with a nice patina". Knowing that , I set out to buy a few Walkers off eBay. It seems the shiny/clean ones go for more. Whats up with that?.

I bought these two before I decided to stop and get the opinion of the experts here. I think I got a good price, but, I'm no expert. What do you all think?

Here they are:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320105109811&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011

And

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120111523264&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

Other than what they are worth to me personally, ya think this was this a good deal?

Stan

Upvote 0
Re: What y'all think about this??

PanManStan said:
....I've went through literally about $20,000 (about 40 boxes) worth of halves. Nothing, nothing, nothing. Just looking for Walkers. Of course I did keep the few, VERY FEW, pre 64's and the like.

I bought these two before I decided to stop and get the opinion of the experts here.

Stan, first let me say I am no expert.

I have a question. You went through $20 grand in halves and you did not mention finding any 90% or 40% JFKs. You must live in a very hunted out area or you were not aware of their value. Or, were you just telling about your older finds.

On your coin purchase. I think you could have gone to a local coin store and paid $5-6 each and get to choose the ones you liked the best. You paid total $6.50 to $7.00 so your purchase was right in there. They look average circulated and can only go up in value as silver goes up. Don't give up on CRHing cause someday lady liberty will pay you a visit. :)

Here is an uncleaned Walking Liberty I paid $5.50 for yesterday at a coin shop:

Attachments

• aawalker.jpg
    aawalker.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 379

scotto said:
.... I paid $5.50 for yesterday at a coin shop:
Yes, you paid right at silver value.

Nice coin, that will make a good addition to most coin collections.

Yeah, I mentioned the pre 64's, and the 40%'ers. Just not what I was looking for. I use the 40% and 90% as trade in on silver bars. I mostly deal with the silver bullion, but decided to try hunting rolls. No real luck on the rolls. Not like LJ and the bunch. I don't know if this area is hunted out, just new, new, new halves. Nothing good. Box after box of skunk. I give up.

Also, didn't want to sound like I got the scrilla, just throwing $20,000 out there. It was the same $2000, many times over.

Thanks for the input on the Walkers. I forgot to add the $4-$5 for Priority Mail. Starting to get expensive. Oh well, love 'em anyway.

Stan

If you love the walkers (and who doesn't) go bonkers and buy as many as you can. Those eaby prices seem alright, just don't let the shipping and handling ruin it. Happy hunting, and good luck!

Right. Unfortunately it's not just s&h, I don't use paypal so I send USPS Money Orders via Priority mail which costs an additional $5. I forgot about that when I bid, so now I'm paying WAY to much for these. Gotta figure out a way to get around PP and the $5 Priority mail charge.

I hate PP. Not comfortable leaving my card# on file with anyone. Especially an online company. They should allow you to use your card on a "per" basis.

Stan

PanManStan said:
I hate PP. Not comfortable leaving my card# on file with anyone. Especially an online company. They should allow you to use your card on a "per" basis.

Stan

Have you thought about using a Visa gift card or a virtual Visa? You should be able to get one at your bank or online. You could load it with $10-$20 and not have to worry about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back