"What you got?" 1877s Seated Quarter 1st Silver of the year!

louie088

Jul 22, 2015
Westmoreland County
Detector(s) used
Minicab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share my finds from last Sundays hunt with you guys. I recently took a friend up on an invite to hunt an old home site. Its an early 1800's Farm property. Very cool permission! I found about 10 clad quarters there, more than I think Ive found in the last 6 months hahaha. I'm not used to doing house sites, I felt a little out of my realm to be quite honest. (I typically am detecting old farm fields or in the woods looking for Colonial) There were tons of signals! Got my first silver of the year though Its a good one too, and a first for me.
Thanks for looking and HH
1877S Seated Quarter Obverse.png1877S Seated Quarter Reverse.png

Attachments

• Overton Finds 2016.jpg
    Overton Finds 2016.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 104
Upvote 15
Nice find! I have found a lot of Spanish Silver (65 pieces over the years) but seated silver always seems to elude me. Is that a Westmoreland County PA find? I'm from Ligonier. Your star shaped token might be from Idlewild Park. I remember making them there at a booth in the park as a kid.

Congratz on a very nice find!

Also, Welcome aboard TNet!!!!

Last edited:
Keep going [emoji106]

Nice find! I have found a lot of Spanish Silver (65 pieces over the years) but seated silver always seems to elude me. Is that a Westmoreland County PA find? I'm from Ligonier. Your star shaped token might be from Idlewild Park. I remember making them there at a booth in the park as a kid.

Steve,
Yep just on the other side of the county from ya. I checked out your "INCREDIBLE DAY - 3 Colonial Silvers" thread. Very awesome! I hunt Colonial 98% of the time. I was fortunate enough to find 5 1/2 reales last year as well a ton of KG's and LC's. We should meet up for a hunt sometime.

Also if you get the chance check out my YouTube channel, all my youtube videos are of colonial finds pretty much. Subscribe if you have an account.

Congratz on a very nice find!

Also, Welcome aboard TNet!!!!

Thank you very much mate!

Keep going [emoji106]

Vince,
Will do!

I am in Latrobe I thought u were from Pittsburgh. I remember you could put your name on it. Or anything really

Last edited:
Killer seated by the way.

I am in Latrobe I thought u were from Pittsburgh. I remember you could put your name on it. Or anything really
I grew up in Ligonier, my parents still live there. I live in Pittsburgh now.

Last edited:
NICE VIDEO AND SOME FINE RELICS .

Awesome quarter !! :icon_thumleft:

Awesome find and thanks for taking the time to share with us all.

Nice digs,Beautiful quarter!congrats.

Heres a quick video made with of myself retrieving the seated...Enjoy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back