What you guys do for a liveing?

I work as an electrician in a fluid milk processing plant. I became interested in electricity at a young age,if I recall it all started when I disassembled my grandpas radio ;D I continued my training in the USN (FC) and attended college as well...
At my current job
I deal with all aspects of the plant,to include hydraulic,pneumatics and mechanical as well as parts ordering and boiler maintenance and testing.
But my true passion is electronics,be it power or control circuits,PLC or HMI programming or circuit troubleshooting anything that will make a spark gets my interest... :laughing7:
I also run a small computer building and repair business from home
That's about it...
Soup

Polysomnographer( study people while they sleep), Paramedic, book sorter for the library system

I remember taking apart a small TV,pretty old one too. I would take the copper out and save it then through it away. :laughing7:
I tried fixing my very, very old gameboy.It only had three games. I remember spilling lemon juice on it trying to clean a coin. I heard it going zipp. zipp. zipp,so I took it apart and dried all the parts and found that I couldn't get it back together because the pieces where so small.
When I was in grade school I learned how hot a battery can make a paper clip get.By bending the paper clip out and sticking it to both ends. The teacher didn't seem to care that i could burn my fingers off. I like getting a radio antenna and sticking a bunch of wires and junk on it to see if I could get a better signal with the stations, I have found out that putting a gold ring around the antenna helps it a bit. :dontknow:

Soupie said:
I work as an electrician in a fluid milk processing plant. I became interested in electricity at a young age,if I recall it all started when I disassembled my grandpas radio ;D I continued my training in the USN (FC) and attended college as well...
At my current job
I deal with all aspects of the plant,to include hydraulic,pneumatics and mechanical as well as parts ordering and boiler maintenance and testing.
But my true passion is electronics,be it power or control circuits,PLC or HMI programming or circuit troubleshooting anything that will make a spark gets my interest... :laughing7:
I also run a small computer building and repair business from home
That's about it...
Soup

Im a flooring Installer(20+ years)...mechanic on my own stuff and suppose to be a drag racer, but aint no living in that unless you make it to the big time...
so basically I work to pay for my own parts to have fun.. :-\ :D

Retired firefighter after 30 years service. Now I work part time at O'Reilly Auto Parts. It gives me money to tinker on my old car.

Next week I will be starting a new job as a crash test dummy.
Times are hard here.

Retired 9 years ago!! can't remember what from. What was the question? l just enjoy myself now.

john hutchison said:
Retired 9 years ago!! can't remember what from. What was the question? l just enjoy myself now.

Nice car there buddy.. I purloin autos such as yours and resell them for a nifty profit :thumbsup:

Currently, I work for a mining exploration company.

Before that; heritage building reconstruction, wildfire fighter, silviculturalist, carpenter, media producer/photographer, darkroom technician, silk screener, graphic artist, chinese food deliveryman and sawmill worker.

I'm forgetting some.

greydigger said:
Next week I will be starting a new job as a crash test dummy.
Times are hard here.
Don't worry, you'll do fine. :dontknow:

Fossis...........

From March to Nov. i farm in Snyder Co. Pa.. From Nov. to March i bake and sell cakes near Kuala Lumpur.Malaysia.

dogcaught said:
Licensed Locomotive Engineer, Freight Conductor, Switchman. I move trains. JJ
train.jpg
A track welder for the RailRoad. I keep these guys in the upright position. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

Program Manager for several Intel/Defense contracts. Wondering whether I should take my MD on the next trip to NOVA.

I bale foam doesn't pay much but its easy and no one really bothers me, plus I love a job with no time limits.

I was the maintenance supervisor at an exhaust tube manufacturing plant. I retired three weeks ago after 40 years of service.

I am currently unemployed (mostly because the United States has child labor laws), but I do a few odd jobs (some odder than others). I am looking to go to the railroad and find work there once I move out of the house, which will be pretty soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back