What's new

What you see is not what you get.

Bow Only

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2016
Messages
254
Reaction score
485
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this Hernando Sunday while moving some dirt. I knew this point was whole by the way the dirt had slid down on top of it. When I pulled it out, it had the entire tip broken off. Man was I disappointed. I must not be living right.
 

Attachments

  • Broke Hernando.webp
    Broke Hernando.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
Upvote 0
Still a great find.
HH
dts
 
Still a great find!
 
Nothing wrong with broken points. They're part of the assemblage of the site. When you read archaeological reports, most of the stuff is damaged to some degree. If you found it, you're living right!
 
I have over 15 Hernandos I have found over the last 20 years or so. Most were found on construction sites I was working on. Not a single one is whole! All are chipped or missing ears, tips, etc. One is close but still has a noticeable chip out of it. So I feel your pain.
 
shoot ide take a chip from making hte point if i found it haha. one of these days i gotta get out there looking for points instead of metal detecting. we did have a decent native population around here(iriquios). just never got a chance to find a good spot to look yet.
 
Yep that would fool anyone, but it's still a nice find.:icon_thumleft:
 
that's a heart stopping insitu though!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom