dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's below?

If a gold ore quartz vein was showing, and it was 14 inches at the middle and tapers off at 50 ft. long. Is that a sufficient amount of ore to bother with? And is a vein that shape and length, any indication if it goes deeper or not?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: What's below?

I might not be catching your drift but,what do you mean,HELL yes!Any gold bearing ore is worth messing with!(regardless of size)Truly you dont mean what you have asked!!! ??? ???

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Yes I'm asking this because I was told that it was a giant hassle to file claim nowadays, and without knowing how much ore there is. Is it worth it fo file claim and acquire equipment, to remove the ore to be processed?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It really isnt that big of a deal to file a claim,alot of paperwork and a little money.How rich is this ore??Can you see gold??If it is mill rock(has gold but has to be milled,crushed,and alot of rock required to pay) it will take some equiptment,at least a crusher.If you can see gold grab your pick,handsteel,and single jack!!!And get gettin!I suggest you know what you are doing as you will lose alot of gold if you dont.I guess the whole scenario depends on how rich the ore is,compared to what is going to take(and cost) to process it.If you see gold it is RICH!!!!If you see gold......You need me as partner! ;D

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

??HUH??? ??? ???

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT

kuger said:
I'm sorry Kruger, for replying like that, you are 100% right. It was just your excitement struck my funny bone and I was thinking if I had been close by you would have flung a hot cup of coffee on me and not even noticed., :D :D ;D

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

No I am not excited just kind of DUMBFOUNDED!!!!BY dowsers question.

Needle

Dec 24, 2007
Roseburg, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's-GMT

The legal and proper thing to do first is... before you even prospect for minerals in a place is, determine wheather or not if it is open for mineral entry-( that is always #1, other wise you are wasting your time).

You can get an Information Guide from The BLM office, they are friendly and helpful people.
Tell them you want information on " Locating Mining Claims "
After you have checked that out, buy your legal papers, ( location notice )
All your legal papers can be purchased in Roseburg at the Book and Stationary Store.
It's really not all that complicated just follow the rules. :)

OP
OP
D

dowser

Jul 13, 2005
Michigan
Detector(s) used
MINELAB 2100, L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

After further reasearch, I found it to be unclaimable. It's to close to Prescott valley city. Thanks for your replys though. And no I never saw the ore, but I don't want to get into any skeptical debate. Been there..dowser

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett

What you see on the surface can only be an indication of promise...
Definitely investigate IF you may file claims there, then ascertain if it is available, and then file your own claim. You could work it as a hobby, and discover through improvements that the vein is opening up into something very good.

Hardrock mining is all about the size of the vein and amount of overburden that must be removed to get at it.
Much of the time it is prohibitive, except for a small scale operation.

Once you get involved with tunneling, govt will generally require a mining engineer and shoring. It get pricey!

If you can get a valid claim filed in your name, potential investors can come out of the woodwork in droves!

...and high-graders, too!

rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread