What's new

whats best way to hunt at beach

gulfrebinms

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2013
Messages
53
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been metal detecting for 20 yrs all relic hunting but places are getting hard to find.i decided to try the beach I live in Baldwin county Alabama so I went to gulf shores with my brother I am using a bounty hunter platinum and my brother was using a minelab sovegn he hunted next to the water I couldn't cause mind would get false signals I moved up on sand close to the water we hunted hard found only a few coins and sinkers no jewelery what are we doing wrong do we need to get in water have any of you hunted there did you have any luck,please help us was we hunting the wrong place or what please help
 
Upvote 0
Where do people sit and set up for the day with their towels and chairs?
Are there any sport areas, like volleybal courts or areas where people play frisbee, football, etc.?
Any fire pits? Lifeguard towers? Other points of interest where people congregate?

Also, what has the weather been like, its starting to cool off here and the season is nearing its end.
 
Checkout the locked thread in blue second down from the top GOLDENOLDE. Lots of go info in there.
 
Like loothunter posted go to popular hangouts. Here in N.C. fishing piers and public access areas are good. After a good coastal storm,it will wash out areas exposing targets that were to deep to find with most detectors,Storms can also bring in targets that were out in the water. My experience is that when you start finding coins, fishing sinkers,motel keys or whatever,slow down and search hard! I've got an older machine and I'll get false readings near the water if I don't turn my discriminate knob to reject salt. I've been mostly a relic hunter for 30 years and a lot of good sites are going away due to development. I feel your your pain bro! Anyways keep hunting, the big one is just a half a swing away! 8-)
 
The water is where most of the action is at, waist deep, people hang their hands in the water and there goes the gold!!!!
 
thank all of you for the help
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom