Whats detecting like in AZ?

Skywola

Jul 5, 2009
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI
Re: What's detecting like in AZ?

Well, you may want to first check out Arizona laws on metal detecting. What area you are in and what you are looking for can make a big difference. Me, I started recently, and have found that the relics laws were so stupid they could arrest you pretty much at will if they wanted to, if you are not on private property with the owner's permission. For that reason I decided that I would just be placer hunting, which can be done legally on BLM properties, as long as you make sure you are not on someone's claim.

As far as the heat goes, I have the heat tolerance of a camel, so hot weather does not stop me . . . . but you always, always, always . . . need to have enough water with you. I have a cooler that I put in the back of the car and a water thermos I can carry with me. A good hat, a sweat band, and plenty of sunblock is necessary too.

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hot...dusty...hard ground..dont touch anything that stings or rattles ...lots of fun :icon_thumright: what else do you need to know

BLACKFOOT

Jan 17, 2007
Heavener oklahoma
Detector(s) used
fisher gold bug2

Good detecting on johnson flat above the trails end mill site they have done placer mining on the flat. in the bradshaws nice an cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread