What's new

Whats In Your Wallet ?

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
What's In Your Wallet ?

On a tip from a forum friendly I went into my local Capital One Bank. I was told if I opened a small account I would have free access to their coin counting machines. I opened the account and went out to my truck for coinage. The look on their faces was priceless as I rolled 5 grand in halves into the bank on a 2 wheeler. 30 minutes later(slow machine) I rolled out of there with cash in hand. No fees,free coffee, and some very cute girls to help with the machine if I filled it up. This machine is one of those that has a big hopper under it. When it gets full, they roll it to the back and put a new bin back in. Brinks comes in and hauls off the bins and Brinks does all the coin sorting off-site.
Here is what I was paying to dump halves. After most of the Wells Fargo banks removed their counters in October, I went searching for a new dump bank. One of my local WFs kept their machine but was charging 2% for dumps.That's $160 per week and I wasn't finding enough silver to pay the dump fees.I talked this bank into $4 per canvas bag which cut down the fees pretty well. I was going to find one of those Navy Sea Bags to put all $4000 in at once, but my guess would be she couldn't lift it anyway.
So now the only fees I am paying is $3 per box to order them in. Cheers, Jim
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

This won't last long. 5k is too much to bring in one trip. Spread it out. They'll start charging you before you know it.
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

davidlandon said:
This won't last long. 5k is too much to bring in one trip. Spread it out. They'll start charging you before you know it.

Yep 8)
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

Hey Jim -

I've been dumping upwards of 15k a week at my Cap 1 bank for over 2 years now. Very friendly folks. Make sure to treat the machine kindly. I always wipe it off when I done. I also buy lunch a couple times a year. Yes I buy for the dump Bank!! Take a note of that rookies
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

Always take care of your bank pick ups and dumps my dump bank has a great group of tellers last week the head teller pulled out four rolls of halfs for me that someone had brought in and said just look threw them a trade out for the silver ones got 8 40% . happy hunting ron
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

Glad you finally got another acct- thought you was sucked into a WF cult or something. HH Mark
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

coolpix9 said:
On a tip from a forum friendly I went into my local Capital One Bank. I was told if I opened a small account I would have free access to their coin counting machines. I opened the account and went out to my truck for coinage. The look on their faces was priceless as I rolled 5 grand in halves into the bank on a 2 wheeler. 30 minutes later(slow machine) I rolled out of there with cash in hand. No fees,free coffee, and some very cute girls to help with the machine if I filled it up. This machine is one of those that has a big hopper under it. When it gets full, they roll it to the back and put a new bin back in. Brinks comes in and hauls off the bins and Brinks does all the coin sorting off-site.
Here is what I was paying to dump halves. After most of the Wells Fargo banks removed their counters in October, I went searching for a new dump bank. One of my local WFs kept their machine but was charging 2% for dumps.That's $160 per week and I wasn't finding enough silver to pay the dump fees.I talked this bank into $4 per canvas bag which cut down the fees pretty well. I was going to find one of those Navy Sea Bags to put all $4000 in at once, but my guess would be she couldn't lift it anyway.
So now the only fees I am paying is $3 per box to order them in. Cheers, Jim

You pay $3 per box to order? Wow.. if I got charged that, I'd quit. Is that only halves? I would have to start searching nickels instead which I don't search.
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

Piercesdad said:
Hey Jim -

I've been dumping upwards of 15k a week at my Cap 1 bank for over 2 years now. Very friendly folks. Make sure to treat the machine kindly. I always wipe it off when I done. I also buy lunch a couple times a year. Yes I buy for the dump Bank!! Take a note of that rookies

I would get stuff for my dump bank if they would take 15k per week. Of course, I don't have that much to dump. If it was extremely profitable for me doing CRH like I was getting Rich or Ugotit22's boxes, then I would consider that. I told my order banks if I get good boxes, I'd get them stuff but I haven't gotten anything in a month. It all depends in the finds I get.
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

SFBayArea said:
.......I told my order banks if I get good boxes, I'd get them stuff but I haven't gotten anything in a month........

Verbal commitments/promises like that could work against you because when you're in the midst of of a 10 box skunkapalooza, they might think "wow this guy got 10 boxes already, he must have hit the jackpot" then when you walk in again for more boxes, with nothing "for them", they may feel you didn't keep your promise.

Just my 2 pennies, YMMV.

Nick
 
Re: What's In Your Wallet ?

Hey Jim. You might try to locate some other Cap 1's in the hood..That way you can spread out the dumps, it will make the deal last longer.
P.S. Ask them for a debit card. They love that stuff, and keeps you in their good graces.
HH Gayle
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom