HCW
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Feb 5, 2007
- Messages
- 1,230
- Reaction score
- 784
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Metro west ,Boston
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
- #1
Thread Owner
What's the fastest car you ever drove?
Or drove in..
Mine was my housemate's 1980 Alfa Romeo Spider. He use to buy, rebuild, and sell them.
He lent this one to me for two weeks over Christmas break. It was assembled for the European market and shipped here. I scared the @#$% out of myself the first time I drove it. In third gear I was doing 85 mph. You couldn't get it into 4th gear without going over a hundred. I never did see 5th gear. I maxed out at 115 on Montauk Highway Hampton Bays.
Fun, but scary, and very stupid.
Or drove in..
Mine was my housemate's 1980 Alfa Romeo Spider. He use to buy, rebuild, and sell them.
He lent this one to me for two weeks over Christmas break. It was assembled for the European market and shipped here. I scared the @#$% out of myself the first time I drove it. In third gear I was doing 85 mph. You couldn't get it into 4th gear without going over a hundred. I never did see 5th gear. I maxed out at 115 on Montauk Highway Hampton Bays.
Fun, but scary, and very stupid.





? Fastest would be my 89 Camaro, it will do 140+ with ease...Quickest would have been my 68 Dodge Dart with a built 440 ran 11.68 @ 117 MPH in the 1/4 mile..Stupid me sold the Dart, still have the Camaro tho...








