XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wired or wireless?
Pairable?
Batteries or USB?

Most of them I looked at were waterproof in shallow water, but double-check.
Most I looked at were also pretty close in other respects as well (capability, functionality, features).

Like the top-end detectors, you probably can't go wrong with one of the better pinpointers. JMO.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I’m not much on Pinpointers. As im usually in the water or near it. Would like one to have for other areas wet sand on a long shore line (can’t rinse or shake sand out) thick mud,dirt ,when i travel, or when my GF tags along i can include her in the adventure.
In sand using a scoop I can see no real advantages. Except for tiny objects that fall through the holes.
In the wet dirt/clay a PP is very effective and faster than clump reducing/waving in front of a coil.
(Though ol' dogs will argue that one)
Most high end PP will cover depth, waterproof, sensitivity.
The Chevy/Ford/Chrysler type discussion can begin.

OP
OP
L

Linesider

Apr 16, 2024
SFL. Dade,keys,treasure coast
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wired or wireless?
Pairable?
Batteries or USB?

Most of them I looked at were waterproof in shallow water, but double-check.
Most I looked at were also pretty close in other respects as well (capability, functionality, features).

Like the top-end detectors, you probably can't go wrong with one of the better pinpointers. JMO.
ty. Wasn’t sure what the options were. Lol
preferences in order
rechargeable
wireless
pairable
all 3 would be nice. But not if it affects quality.
Using Nox 900 most time stock wireless headset. But have a pair of Tonys waterproof divers on way. So not sure how pairing even works with wired headset, and if im with GF and she doing all the pinpointing hand full sorting. I wouldn’t need to pair it.

OP
OP
L

Linesider

Apr 16, 2024
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
In sand using a scoop I can see no real advantages. Except for tiny objects that fall through the holes.
In the wet dirt/clay a PP is very effective and faster than clump reducing/waving in front of a coil.
(Though ol' dogs will argue that one)
Most high end PP will cover depth, waterproof, sensitivity.
The Chevy/Ford/Chrysler type discussion can begin.
Well ive had chevys and ford all my life. But now sitting in a ram. So i dont discriminate. Everyone needs some love. Lol If it sucks id have to sell it to one them “ chevy/ford” lovers. And move on ….

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ty. Wasn’t sure what the options were. Lol
preferences in order
rechargeable
wireless
pairable
all 3 would be nice. But not if it affects quality.
Using Nox 900 most time stock wireless headset. But have a pair of Tonys waterproof divers on way. So not sure how pairing even works with wired headset, and if im with GF and she doing all the pinpointing hand full sorting. I wouldn’t need to pair it.
AFAIK, pairing doesn't/shouldn't affect quality. XP's MI-4 & MI-6 are identical except that MI-6 is pairable with Dēus II; MI-4 is for everyone else.

Wired headsets shouldn't need pairing; the wire does that.

From your description above, IDK that pairing would give you any advantage. Pairing my pinpointer only allows me to hear the pinpointer through the headphones (which saves pinpointer power, though that's never an issue) but in practice I rarely use it that way.

If GF is pinpointing, she probably wouldn't have or need headphones(?)

By all means, I would check out the MI-4, and since you're swinging the Nox 900, I'd check what Minelab has to offer.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The plan is to get hr hooked enough she wants her own detector and i can spent more time out. Lol 😂
:thumbsup: I'm in a similar situation. Missus is interested, but far from "hooked" on detecting.

I'm looking (I'm always looking... 🙄) for sites/permissions more likely to be harboring the kinds of artifacts she'd be interested in finding/recovering (whatever that may be). 🤔

The few times we've been out together, we've had no problem sharing/taking turns on our one machine. One of us swings & marks targets with flags...
1714484692430.png

...while the other follows behind and digs/pinpoints. I don't have any data (yet) but I think we're more efficient this way than we'd be with 2 detectors, but that's us. YMMV.

OP
OP
L

Linesider

Apr 16, 2024
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
:thumbsup: I'm in a similar situation. Missus is interested, but far from "hooked" on detecting.

I'm looking (I'm always looking... 🙄) for sites/permissions more likely to be harboring the kinds of artifacts she'd be interested in finding/recovering (whatever that may be). 🤔

The few times we've been out together, we've had no problem sharing/taking turns on our one machine. One of us swings & marks targets with flags...
View attachment 2146388
...while the other follows behind and digs/pinpoints. I don't have any data (yet) but I think we're more efficient this way than we'd be with 2 detectors, but that's us. YMMV.
Oh that sounds really efficient actually. I’m sure u can cover much more area. Even use diff color flags for diff metals as u go. Maybe even back track and help dig up spots. I cant see myself sharing time on 1 unit. 😂

jjack9977

May 1, 2015
Middleburgh, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex, Nokta Makro PulseDive, Whites Bullseye TRX, Teknetics Tek-Point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite Pinpointer at the moment is a Sphinx 03. It has built in lithium battery, iron rejection, a magnetic holster, and its own app with updatable firmware. The app makes adjustments a snap. Since it is made in Russia it’s hard but not impossible to get.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread