kiddrock33
Hero Member
1786 vermont baby head copper unsure what its value is!
Post a picture in a new thread.
I bought a 1783 Washington Token for $250. It was a brass die trial, one of two known to exist. Each die back then hand detailed. They would strike with soft medal (brass, lead, or the like) to see if the die worked. Mine was the better of the two. I held it for about 25 years and sold it for $15,000.
Well I found a 1992D close AM penny about AU-53 not sure on value I have seen 25$ -25,000$
this is my first and only piece of eight, it is counter stamped by the planter's bank of New Orleans and sells at auctions for around 5 thousand dollars. there was a shortage of quarters during the war of 1812 so the planters bank used 8reales cut into quarters and counterstamped them. I found it in southwest Mississippi Tylertown by a flow well near an old Victorian homesite I still have it although I do need to have it sent off for slabbing and verification. it made best finds of 2012 in western and eastern treasures magazine in this months issue.. check it out.
[/QUOTE]Nice find ,I been keeping an eye out for the 92 close AM fore a while myself
Thanks, Ya I looked at it for about an hour. LOL
The 1918/17-S Standing Liberty Quarter was my most valuable coin. I sold it for $2,000.00. This coin was found in May 10, 2009 and just 17 days before 0n April 24,2009 I found two 1914-S Saint - Gaudens $20.gold coins . Sold both for $3,000.00
besides a idaho off center w/rail rd. Rim
same here when i fond my minnisota extra tree it was my first nice find besides a idaho off center w/rail rd. Rim
No extra value.
Can you post a pic of this particular coin because based on your description of railroad rim you have what is called a partial collar strike and it may also be broad struck as well if the design elements are not cut off....... If so it would certainly be worth a premium, need pics though.
Can you post a pic of this particular coin because based on your description of railroad rim you have what is called a partial collar strike and it may also be broad struck as well if the design elements are not cut off....... If so it would certainly be worth a premium, need pics though.



What does the reeded edge look like? A true struck out of collar or railroad rim should like like the example below.....