What's new

Whats this iron thing?-SOLVED

  • Thread starter Thread starter Felinepeachy
  • Start date Start date
F

Felinepeachy

Guest
What's this iron thing?-SOLVED

It has a number 28 on the back. It was found on the site of an old school house. I was only there to see if anything was in the ground because we weren't sure if we were in the right spot. Once I found this and a couple of other things I was satisfied that we found the school property. I'm going back after this weekends big storm. The school was built before the church next door and the church was built in 1840. I have permission from the church to hunt the whole place.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9296.webp
    IMG_9296.webp
    179.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_9297.webp
    IMG_9297.webp
    165.6 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_9299.webp
    IMG_9299.webp
    145.3 KB · Views: 235
Re: What's this iron thing?

Its a CAT :tongue3: A 28 pounder to boot!...... Anyhow, maybe part of a stove or coal shute cover. Just a guess...jgas
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this iron thing?

I would say that is part of the wood heater. What part, I don't know. :dontknow:

It would help to know how big that cat is you put in the pic for reference. :D
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this iron thing?

Looks like the little shelf that sticks out the front at the bottom.
 

Attachments

  • bx42e.webp
    bx42e.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 202
Upvote 0
Re: What's this iron thing?

I have to agree - Its a cat, fully intact with all 4 legs
do we check mark this?
LOL
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this iron thing?

Hi Peachy. I also think it is a stove part. By the way,
nice find on the cat. Jimbob
 
Upvote 0
Re: What's this iron thing?

That cat is NOT a 28 pounder, he's only 22 pounds but he's big boned. At least that's what we tell him ;D His name is Gomer and he belongs to my sister. He is staying with us until September.

Thanks for the ID on the metal thing. :tongue3:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom