Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It stands to reason that if you want to fit in with all the other cutting edge treasure hunters you will need:

$200 custom long handled beach scoop
$100 custom made leche digging tool, preferably in titanium or laser engraved with your name.
$5000 in custom wetsuits, find pouches, scales, metal and gem testers.
$3000 in dredges, pans and Ebay gold maps
$1500 to $45,000 detectors, the more expensive the better
$3000 in long range locators, the bigger the calculator glued to the top the better.

Remember, the more expensive, the better.

After you have bought all this expensive gear then you have to join a treasure forum and post pictures and heavily put down anyone that uses Bounty Hunter and home made gear.

Make sure that you say things like “ It’s sold in Walmart and if you want a toy go ahead but I use (insert brand) and I found so much gold I hired someone to swing my detector ”
Or
“You will never get good finds with a Bounty Hunter”

This will make you feel better about yourself and justify how lucky that guy was with the Bounty Hunter on the beach that scored all those great finds while you crapped out.

DO NOT mention that Team Bounty Hunter won the 2009 Grand National Relic Shootout and score’s in the top tier every year ahead of some of the “best expensive brands”

Go figure

Coasty

Feb 2, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505

After you have bought all this expensive gear then you have to join a treasure forum and post pictures and heavily put down anyone that uses Bounty Hunter and home made gear.

Make sure that you say things like “ It’s sold in Walmart and if you want a toy go ahead but I use (insert brand) and I found so much gold I hired someone to swing my detector ”
Or

This will make you feel better about yourself and justify how lucky that guy was with the Bounty Hunter on the beach that scored all those great finds while you crapped out.

DO NOT mention that Team Bounty Hunter won the 2009 Grand National Relic Shootout and score’s in the top tier every year ahead of some of the “best expensive brands”

Go figure

[/quote]
That's too funny

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Coasty said:

Or

Go figure
That's too funny

[/quote]You hit right on the head coasty , They think the more it cost the better it is but not true..

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
DigginThePast said:
"Whats with all the negative waves MAN!"

Theres a lot of Moriartys in the world.

Not to digress from the thread but props are due.

Attachments

• 268adae065abd448.jpg
    268adae065abd448.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 2,052

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I just came across this thread. I may have to print it out (not really but very tempted), make copies and send out to a few places near me as well as a few other fourms. When I was looking to buy a machine about 3 yrs ago I went to any local store that sold them so I could ask questions, this was before I discovered this forum as well as a few select others. I was told each time that BH is junk. the worst is a place called Bill Jackson Sporting Goods, i was told by 2 diff salesmen that anything under $700 is a toy and under $1000 is a beginner model just above a toy.

Letsgethammered

Feb 15, 2010
Regarding the comment that "nobody uses bounty hunters" in a serious aspect , this is true to a degree in my experience but whats also true is look at any serious detectorists back up machine , 9/10 its a bounty hunter.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
It stands to reason that if you want to fit in with all the other cutting edge treasure hunters you will need:

$200 custom long handled beach scoop
$100 custom made leche digging tool, preferably in titanium or laser engraved with your name.
$5000 in custom wetsuits, find pouches, scales, metal and gem testers.
$3000 in dredges, pans and Ebay gold maps
$1500 to $45,000 detectors, the more expensive the better
$3000 in long range locators, the bigger the calculator glued to the top the better.

Or

Go figure

desert dog

Oct 27, 2009
kingman az
Detector(s) used
new coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE A TESORO CIBOLA AND A BOUNTY HUNTER TRACKER IV
AND BH TRACKER IV IS MY BACK UP MACHINE I USE IT MORE
THEN TESORO CIBOLA IT IS A GOOD DETECTOR :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

JohnnieWalker

Nov 30, 2009
Zebulon NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari Teknetics T2
I'm doing some relic hunting tomorrow. When Relic hunting I typically do a beep and dig in all metal.

I will give the Titan 2000xd (aka BH2200) an hour to find something good, if nothing in that time I'm going to power up and swing the Minelab.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iv never been let down with my BH IV......Just got a Ace250 though and I see a deeper depth though .....but my BH has been my Ace for years :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Even tho i am new to the sport ( i like the word sport more the hobby) I have a BH QDII I find all kids of stuff with it. 7" to 8" deep. I mean for the $ you can't beat the proformance.

I doubt i would ever have a need to buy another Det.
Just my thoughts

HH all

Mark

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off subject for a BH thread I reckon, but that UK woman is using a Tesoro detector most likely a Cutlass which has two knobs--I assume it is a Cutlass or some similar model because they said it was old--also may have been a SideWinder which is another two knob model I think? And it was the first of the Umax units that Tesoro came up with I do believe. I've owned two Cibolas, a Silver Sabre Umax, A Toltec 2, a Compadre with 7" coil, a Golden Umax, and a Conquistador...dang I've been primarily a Tesoro man-But I've owned a MXT, a cz-5,cz-6,two 1266-x's, a cz-3,two 1225-x's,a 1280-x, a Minelab Sterling, a Nautilus TR detector-can't recall model, a D-TEX detector-can't recall name, TWO Garrett DEEPSEEKERS,A GARRETT GTA 500, A GARRETT GROUNDHOG, And some other units for underwater and land. DANG, I COULDA HAD MY OWN STORE-HA!!!

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONLY BH DETECTOR THAT I'VE HEARD IS WORTH A CRAP IS LAND RANGER AND TIME RANGER...AND I BELIEVE LAND RANGER IS BEST OVERALL DETECTOR...NOW WITH THEIR MERGER WITH FISHER MAYBE WE'LL SEE SOME IMPROVEMNTS OR MAYBE THERE'S ALREADY SOME BH FISHER IMPROVEMENTS UNLESS FISHER HETS BROUGHT DOWN BY THE BH TECHNOLOGY OR WHATEVER...LET'S HOPE IT IMPROVES BOTH, THOUGH. FISHER UNITS HAVE BEEN USUALLY FAR MORE SUPERIOR TO THE BH OFFERINGS.

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ZINCLID said:
ONLY BH DETECTOR THAT I'VE HEARD IS WORTH A CRAP IS LAND RANGER AND TIME RANGER...AND I BELIEVE LAND RANGER IS BEST OVERALL DETECTOR...NOW WITH THEIR MERGER WITH FISHER MAYBE WE'LL SEE SOME IMPROVEMNTS OR MAYBE THERE'S ALREADY SOME BH FISHER IMPROVEMENTS UNLESS FISHER HETS BROUGHT DOWN BY THE BH TECHNOLOGY OR WHATEVER...LET'S HOPE IT IMPROVES BOTH, THOUGH. FISHER UNITS HAVE BEEN USUALLY FAR MORE SUPERIOR TO THE BH OFFERINGS.

Now that Fisher has been bought by First Texas (Bounty Hunter) we should see some improvements in the Fisher line.

Using some of the great technology that Bounty Hunter has should improve those Fishers. :tongue3:

Hopefully First Texas will buy a few more detector companies and make improvements in price and technology to them also.

OP
OP
capt1989

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mrbelvetron, you made my day with Oddball's picture my friend. :icon_thumleft: fathead, you also rock, bro. :headbang: Kelley's Heroes is one of my favorite fall back feel good movies, and Oddball (Donald Sutherland) was years ahead of his time (a hippie during ww2) and still brings a smile to my face when I think of his character. I love some of his lines in that movie! Still have the 505 and still having fun. Thanks everybody for your posts and opinions.

capt.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
When you pay $1,000 for a detector, you get more power than you can use. Great for bragging about air tests. But the false signals from the ground might go away if you turn down the sensitivity to the point that the $1,000 unit has the same depth as the Bounty Hunter. But I admit I've bought & used most brands in most price ranges and the diffference from one to another isn't that much in most cases.

I found 2 4" deep silver dimes with a 1993 Big Bud XL which cost me about $241. Both were found in parks that were heavily detected. I had the discrimination turned up to eliminate nearly all trash. Both silver dimes ID correctly. But the detector only air tested about 5 1/2" on a dime, when set that way.

I read about someone with a $75 Bounty Hunter (Pioneer 101?). They just stuck with it and found about $2,000. HH, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread