Whats with all the negative waves, man!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you dig a hole three feet deep and try to find the tatget........... :dontknow:

no went up too the side of a car and it couldn't find it at two feet...

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well let me tell you i bought a Minelab xterra 50 brand new and from day one have had a problem with the pinpoint button. So high end detector companys have manufacturer defects or asembly errors as well. Nothing wrong with bounty hunter. A good value for the money and decent performanc

did you ever look in a bounty hunter
the case that houses the 1by3 inch computer board and two dials
the housing is 500 x the size of the computer board it's a great detector if your lazy and don't want to work at digging a 12 inch hole for a walking liberty

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to do with lazy the Tracker IV is a good machine for the money. It will get about 6 inches depth . I'd say for a 100 machine that's pretty good. Diggings got nothing to do with it people swing what they like and what they can afford. Not all people are rich like some or are spoiled rotten. Quality is not always the price sometimes it's the company. Also sure who in there right mind would wanna dig a 12 inch hole every time anyway.

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Is 90 dollars a good price for a 505? found one in a thrift store. if it is still there friday when I get paid I might buy it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow,, you only use "top name brand detectors " We are really impressed... Thanks for sharing .You and I have a lot in common, I only use KOHLER® Toilets -
.. yep i use the top brands ........ but not the top model .. I use the low to mid range models........ by the way KOHLER TOILETS ​are not the top brand now... get with the times....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I did use bounty hunter never did like them ...but also i have used Whites and never did like them for some reason........so i stick with Garrett , Minelab , Tesoro & Fisher...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen if you are not in a good spot you are not going to find anything. A bounty hunter can come in and clean up if the stuff is there. I hunted with a guy that had one. I was blocking iron he was digging like crazy. He said what is this stuff it was shell frags. I switched to all metal. Enjoy what you have and if there come a time to try a different one then there you go. I dislike metal detecting snobs.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Listen if you are not in a good spot you are not going to find anything. A bounty hunter can come in and clean up if the stuff is there. I hunted with a guy that had one. I was blocking iron he was digging like crazy. He said what is this stuff it was shell frags. I switched to all metal. Enjoy what you have and if there come a time to try a different one then there you go. I dislike metal detecting snobs.
... i am not a snob i just never could get to like the bounty hunter or Whites detectors.... And i never buy the top of the line i always buy low to med range......

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too Keppy. Old tesoro I have can hunt the at pro is a good mid range as is the F-75. I like my pin pointer best (Garrett) lol.

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing worse than a spolied person whos too snobby or concieded to say i used a Bounty hunter or more reasanably priced brand. Every company has a good model including Bounty Hunter and besides money doesnt allways buy you performance. Oh also for the post way above . Who in the hell digs 12 inch holes at parks anyway or is even alloud to at a park for that matter .

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do at the parks around here because thats about all thats left is the deep stuff, if you do it right nobody will even know you dug a hole anyway. Most of my silver from the parks in my area are 9" to 12" deep and have been passed over by alot of detectors. HH
Nothing worse than a spolied person whos too snobby or concieded to say i used a Bounty hunter or more reasanably priced brand. Every company has a good model including Bounty Hunter and besides money doesnt allways buy you performance. Oh also for the post way above . Who in the hell digs 12 inch holes at parks anyway or is even alloud to at a park for that matter .

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do at the parks around here because thats about all thats left is the deep stuff, if you do it right nobody will even know you dug a hole anyway. Most of my silver from the parks in my area are 9" to 12" deep and have been passed over by alot of detectors. HH

Well then you must be real lucky because many park rangers and people who maintain parks wont let people dig 12 inch holes in there grass or fields. HH

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
.. yep i use the top brands ........ but not the top model .. I use the low to mid range models........ by the way KOHLER TOILETS ​are not the top brand now... get with the times....
OK !! How do you like this one??
expensive-toilet-3.jpg

Irregular

Mar 2, 2011
Virginia (Occupied)
WOOF-WOOF! WOOF-WOOF-WOOF!:icon_salut::laughing7:

That flick is an easy Top Three of All Time.

I just received a TDI SL in the mail on Friday, and took it out to our vegetable garden which doubles as my test garden on Saturday morning, along with my MXT Pro. I've a variety of metals in the ground there- lead, iron, brass, coins. These are buried anywhere from six to ten inches deep, and with the Saturday morning tests results in my head I went back out with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV after finding this post this morning. I didn't have fresh batteries to install but gave it a whirl anyway. The BH was finding all the same items:icon_scratch:; this is comparing apples with oranges in types of machines, capabilities, and costs, but if you're in decent soil have at it, and buck the snobbery!

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just received a TDI SL in the mail on Friday, and took it out to our vegetable garden which doubles as my test garden on Saturday morning, along with my MXT Pro. I've a variety of metals in the ground there- lead, iron, brass, coins. These are buried anywhere from six to ten inches deep, and with the Saturday morning tests results in my head I went back out with my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV after finding this post this morning. I didn't have fresh batteries to install but gave it a whirl anyway. The BH was finding all the same items:icon_scratch:; this is comparing apples with oranges in types of machines, capabilities, and costs, but if you're in decent soil have at it, and buck the snobbery!

like i said the tracker iv is a great machine

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That detector isn't the 505 that's a version of the tracker. That's a low end bounty hunter and I think he's swinging too fast. I have the 505 and the tracker and I think the 505 is a very big improvement over the tracker. 505 has ground balance and it has 3 tones. Also has the notch and auto notch. No doubt my 505 will hit deeper targets then my tracker. By 2-4 inches on quarter. I can hit quarter at 10-12 inches with 505 and 6-8 with tracker.

bounty hunter makes a low end detector

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

should of berried them deeper then tried it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread