Whats with all the negative waves, man!

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with the BH my 13 year old son loves using it. he was diging up foil balls and pull tabs and other junk and having a ball he found a nickle and penny. I see nothing wrong with a BH just does not fit my needs I like being in the water and finding rings at the lakes.

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't understand why anyone would care what someone else is slinging, unless you are hunting with them or meet them in the area. Would anyone discount them or praise them based on what machine they were using? My introduction and all questions subsequent to that would be the same regardless of manufacturer. "Hi, I'm Matt. How long have you had that ___? Proceed from there. Bashing or drooling over someone else's equipment is silly. I started off with a harbor freight 9 function. I used it. I found out it wasn't going to be a doorstop if I did upgrade. I just did do some upgrading this year. I believe the toy units have "made in china" stamped on the side now that I have an American piece to work with. But if that harbor freight unit would have sat after going out three times, I would have been out 40 bucks. That's about the price of a ticket to a Cardinals game. I could have gave it to a friend that has a metal detector and a five year old. It would have got used regardless. (And I probably would have gotten a ticket to a ball game out of it). Unloading a $900 metal detector for a substantial loss would have left welts on my pride as well as my wallet. I think my newest detector fits me. I may have just gotten lucky. It was on sale, it was light and the sales person talked me down from a more expensive model. I don't regret getting the less expensive model, but I wonder what I'm leaving in the dirt by not having a ground balance machine.
For me, metal detecting is a whole lot like fishing. You can't catch anything on the couch, you have to know where to go once you're out and a bad day doing it is better than work. I don't discriminate metals, so why should I do so about someone else's equipment? I'd talk the same way to a bounty hunter user as I would someone using the latest and greatest findermaxx 5000 ultra-deep coin teleporting gold maker. But hey, I think we're all in it for the same reasons. Well, I did before I saw how some people reacted to brand names in this thread. Now I'd suffice it to say that MOST of us are.

eyepatch

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
Long Island, NY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy my BH 505, and it does the job. If you don't like the model, then don't buy it. I'm not going to concern myself with someone ignorance! Put my headphones on and I'm on my way, drowns out the drivel.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I came out of the closet, I have owned Minelab Xterra 70, 305, Excalibur, Fisher F5, Garrett Ace 150, Sea Hunter, Tesore Vaq. , Silver uMax, all gone. Now I own a BH platinum and proud to be out with it. Find just as much with the BH and you will too. Just learn it and put your time in.

I love the sport and wound never put down anothers hunters detector with a "mines better than yours" attatude. Shame

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I came out of the closet, I have owned Minelab Xterra 70, 305, Excalibur, Fisher F5, Garrett Ace 150, Sea Hunter, Tesore Vaq. , Silver uMax, all gone. Now I own a BH platinum and proud to be out with it. Find just as much with the BH and you will too. Just learn it and put your time in.

I love the sport and wound never put down anothers hunters detector with a "mines better than yours" attatude. Shame

Perfectly said I think the exact same way if ur happy go for it its,all that matters we r all goin after the same thing expensive detectors dont make treasure appear there either there or not

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread