WHATS WITH THIS!!!!!!

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
HEY GUYS, I WENT TO THE BEACH THIS AFTERNOON AND FOUND THE NORMAL CLAD, SOME WATZITS, A NICE HAPPY FACE SUPER BALL IN THE SWASH, AND THIS CHAIN THAT WAS STICKING OUT A LITTLE. IT WAS A GOOD THING I SAW IT BECAUSE IT DOES'NT GIVE OFF ANY SIGNAL AT ALL UNDER THE COIL. I TRIED ALL DIFFERENT MODES AND STILL NOT A SOUND. WHAT KIND OF METAL IS THIS.? IT DOES'NT HAVE ANY CLASP SO THERE ARE NO MARKS TO LOOK AT. ALL I CAN TELL YOU IS IT'S REAL SOFT AND FLEXABLE. ANY IDEAS? THANKS FOR LOOKIN AND KEEP ON DIGGIN. THE ROOSTER

Attachments

• beach finds 6-16-05 161.jpg
    beach finds 6-16-05 161.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some chains are very hard to detect.
Especially Gold Chains.

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
Did you have your discrimination turned WAAAAYYYY down? You might need to to pick up a thin metal/gold chain.

Try bunching it up and see if you get a BEEP from it or not.

OP
OP
R

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
bmanofnbc said:
Did you have your discrimination turned WAAAAYYYY down? You might need to to pick up a thim metal/gold chain.

Try bunching it up and see if you get a BEEP from it or not.
I DID EXACTLY WHAT TOU SAID AND I COULD'NT BELEIVE IT. I HUNT ALL THE TIME WITH JUST ABOUT NO DISCRIMINATION. I BUNCHED IT UP ON MY LAWN WHEN I GOT HOME AND THERES NO SIGNAL. JUST MAYBE A SLIGHT TOUCH OF SOUND WITH IT RIGHT UNDER THE COIL.

F

Floater

Buy a Minelab Rooster LOL :D :D Just kiddin bud.
That is weird. Do you really think its Platinum? I have found a really small wire silver earing and it blasted right out. The Class Ring I found was deep and in the water but it came screaming too. That is weird. I just tried my wife's small gold chain with the bounty hunter and it squawked big time. I would check your setting again and see if you programmed in something you weren't supposed too. Let us know. HH

bmanofnbc

Dec 20, 2004
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SSII & Fisher F75
I would think if it was gold or platinum it would have a clasp with markings on it...But then again it looks long enough to slip on over your head so you might not need a clasp. HMMMM

Take it to a jewelry store and ask them what they think.

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Roosta...Wassup? I got an "eye find" chain just like that and couldn't get a signal from it either. Bunched up, stretched out, dangled through the 9.5 loop, also with the 5.3 loop, no discrimination and never made a peep. Definitely metallic though. Never thought about a magnet 'til now. Have you tried that? I'm on a business trip at the moment so can't try it myself. Could it be we've discovered the chink in the MXT's armor? ;D Let me know what you find out~CO2

OP
OP
R

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
Colorado2 said:
Hey Roosta...Wassup? I got an "eye find" chain just like that and couldn't get a signal from it either. Bunched up, stretched out, dangled through the 9.5 loop, also with the 5.3 loop, no discrimination and never made a peep. Definitely metallic though. Never thought about a magnet 'til now. Have you tried that? I'm on a business trip at the moment so can't try it myself. Could it be we've discovered the chink in the MXT's armor? ;D Let me know what you find out~CO2

HEY CO2!!!, GREAT IDEA, I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT. I TRIED IT WITH A REAL POWERFULL ONE AND IT DID LIFT IT SLIGHTLY SO ITS GOT SOME KIND OF ALLOY IN IT. THANKS. THE ROOSTER

E

Einstein

wrap it around your finger and set it down like a ring. beep I bet you get a better signal... Now make sure all cheapo necklaces you find are wrapped exactly like that hehehehe.. jk ive noted that even some 10k gold barely and i mean barely attracts to supermagnets... strange.

TOWcritter

Hey guys, fellow MXT'er here. I just read a field report on the MXT in Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine (thx Marc). It said that the Mxt has a hard time picking up the signal on small chains like that because of the open links. If the links have an open structure it can't pick it up as well as say a smaller open structure or closed link sort of chain. Looks like a chink in the chain armor of the 'ole MXT. Go figure. I tried it in coin/jewelry mode with a gold chain ($1200) and it didn't hardly make a peep while an inch from the coil. Man, what are we missing?! But in the prospecting mode, it's a different story. Heard it no problem 6 inches away waving the coil over it on the ground. Who knows. I'll be checking the MXT forum at Whites site for that answer.

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Back from the road and gave the chain a magnet test as soon as I remembered and same here...Very slight attraction! Thanks for all the input from my fellow MXT'rs. Always greatly appreciated~CO2 ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions