What's new

Whats your best surface find?

chub

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2017
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
2,250
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once found a $5...then a $20...then a $10.... total was about $70 in a pub car park. I was 10 years old so that was a fortune in those days. I recently found an iphone on top of a payphone (??) in Switzerland...not quite a surface find

Ive found a number of buttons and a 1880's penny on a rock.

Whats your best or most unusual /interesting surface find?

Chub
 
I work as a custodian at a middle school and was walking around the corner of the building to the dumpster and found a twenty dollar bill wrapped up with a fifty dollar bill. Got real excited until the new girl said she lost her bill money and it was the same bills I had just found. Gave it back and got a thanks. Oh well! HH
 
My best jewelry find was in a playground area near the baby swings...a GOLD men's wedding band (probably a Dad swinging his child)!

The best farm field surface (3/4 of it out of the ground) find was a seated quarter!
 
5 $20,s last year at the beach and this year a $50 in the wet sand whuhuu
 
A big pink granite mill stone on the upper edge of a creek bank, but the property owner didn't let me get it when I told him what it was.
 
It was November 6, 1961, and my stepfather's birthday, in Brosville, Va. I was walking around on the playground at school kicking dirt clods, I was 12.

One of the clods I kicked contained a 1767 Spanish one reale, and I gave it to my stepfather for his birthday. When he passed it was returned to me, and I then passed it to my son.

And that's what got me dreaming of treasure. It's there if just we could find it :)
 
Here is my best surface find .. found him as a puppy.. severely neglected and near death on the shoulder of a road in Texas.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.03.33 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2018-12-09 at 7.03.33 PM.webp
    92.9 KB · Views: 91
A 1.5 ounce 22k bracelet parking my car at a grocery store.I pulled in and saw something shiny on the ground so I parked right next to it.Opened my door and reached down,why hello there. :laughing7:
 
A 14k gold necklace, found in a parking lot. Second place, a Washington quarter.
 
A 1774 Gold English Guinea at the ocean and a 14k man's wedding ring some 20 years before in a driveway.
 
510 dollars... after a BB King concert in a park.

rolled up... 10 ones on outside... thought it was a roll of ones.
 
My wife?

img004.webp


BAH! AA Battery beat me! :occasion14:
 
About 15 years ago I found a hundy, downtown Ft. Myers.....
$100 goes quick at the bars here.
 
Same here Charlie & AA - found an amazing auburn haired beautiful girl in college in 1975; married her in 1981.

Second best would be the 1806 large cent in nice shape found in 1985 on the surface of a plowed field at the site of a house burned by the British in 1814 during their raids along the Chesapeake Bay. Researched the home site, confirmed the location from a small plane (charcoal), got permission, and then was frustrated by strong interference from power line. Found the large cent walking back to the truck.
 
Hi, I assume you missionary boys couldnot handle more than one women. TP
 
1800's octagon musket barrel, tripped over it.
 
A 1957 Daisy BB gun rifle under the Christmas tree. One for me and one for my twin brother. What trouble could that possibly bring? Ouch! I can still smell the Daisy BB gun oil that came with it. I love that smell to this day.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom