Whats your deepest find??

Mine was a wash tub, at nearly 3" deep...! I don't know if I would have continued that deep (took me two days digging through tree roots),
but recovered cut nails, hand soldered can, and a thimble as I dug down, towards the increasingly louder target...! (see pic attached)
The measuring tape shows 13 inches for scale. PICT2574.JPG
I didn't keep the tub, but the thimble is on display at home =)

Last edited:
I dug my rosette at 12" in Mississippi dirt as hard as concrete. My F75 pegged it.

Every trip over to England I'd dig one or two deep down targets just to see what they were (dreaming of a pot of something) down a couple of feet, Nothing better than getting 5+lbs of plough point to lug off a 200 acre field to make one feel good. :P

My deepest find was around 56 feet.

My deepest find was around 56 feet.
I made a note of how many views this thread had when I posted my reply above .. it was 482 .. now it is ovwer 600, so I must have scared people away with my claim of 56 feet. .. But, it is true! I found all sorts of goodies in here:

Attachments

• IMG_4936.JPG
    IMG_4936.JPG
    473.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_4929.JPG
    IMG_4929.JPG
    412.5 KB · Views: 51
I made a note of how many views this thread had when I posted my reply above .. it was 482 .. now it is ovwer 600, so I must have scared people away with my claim of 56 feet. .. But, it is true! I found all sorts of goodies in here:

That's cool. Let's see what you got.

That's cool. Let's see what you got.

That was years ago when I was still able to do such a thing. But I do remember that I found a lot of broken bottles and some whole ones, including a couple of nice black glass ones, a few old tins, etc. I know where the bottles are, so I will get them off the shelf and dust them off and update with a photo in a little while.

Here is one for my Whites MXT. As you can see I made it down to 20 inches and found a large piece of flat metal. The detector read it as .25 cents/.50 cents. I don't think the mrs. would appreciate me digging any bigger of a hole in the back yard. Not sure what it is, you never know it could even be an old car down there.

folder #2 033.JPG folder #2 030.JPG

folder #2 031.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back