Re: "WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE FRESH WATER FISH TO CATCH"

Capt Gorton's fish sticks.... LOL Jeff! :D

coolcash2004

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
ACE 250

Salmon, trout, I love fishing with my Dad.

-CC

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada

They have a bowfin type fish in Ontario that is also called a fresh water cod, or Ling Cod. Their ugly but tasty.. I love Walleye, but when you can't get them, a market fish in most stores called Tilapia tastes almost exactly the same, most people can't tell the difference..

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
big ole channel cats best to date 38.04 lbs-- to eat about 5- 10 lbs is nice

walleye up north is mighty fine eating too. ivan

Tourezrick

Nov 2, 2006
South Side of Chicago (the baddest part of town)
Detector(s) used
White's DFX

I caught a pink beach towel on Sand Lake, just outside of Eagle River, Wisconsin. I can't catch fish to save my life unless I use explosives or electricity, in which case I'd prolly blow myself up, or electrocute same. Love to fish, but not lucky. My bad luck means more for the rest of you, so I'm doing all y'all a favor. That's how I see it. lol

Tourezrick
the 'Scorpion King'

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana

Tourezrick said:
I caught a pink beach towel on Sand Lake, just outside of Eagle River, Wisconsin. I can't catch fish to save my life unless I use explosives or electricity, in which case I'd prolly blow myself up, or electrocute same. Love to fish, but not lucky. My bad luck means more for the rest of you, so I'm doing all y'all a favor. That's how I see it. lol

Tourezrick
the 'Scorpion King'

Oh man... I'm still laughing, thanks! ;D

PS: That beach towel would be wonderful with a light breading and some butter sauce... and red wine of course, it being pink and all.

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada

The college where I used to teach, has a small 'land locked' lake on the campus.. At the time, 20 years ago, the lake had never been fished. The powers at the college deemed it a "Fish Sancuary", as if fish came from all over for protection from the evil fisherman!! Anyway, this lake was FULL of bluegill, and although fishing was forbodden, most of my students tried their hand while waiting for their diver to suit up.. The fish would bite at anything, and one of my students caught one on a bent roofing nail, using a piece of tinfoil for bait. A popular sport during the underwater welding classes, was to see if you could throw a welding rod, and spear a fish.. Guys would come up and tell me there were fish all over the bottom with welding rods stuck through them..
You could also tape a thunderflash to a chromed wrench,tie a rope to it,strike it, throw it over the side, and the fish would quickly gather all around it ..then BANG.. Who said fishing is not entertaining ;D

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I enjoy trolling for white bass or sand bass as they are also known. I fish the sandy points and quiet coves for schooling fish in the early hours just after daylight. But when they are spawning they will school in the thousands and nothing is more thrilling than seeing them "bust" the water chasing minnows. Couple this with an ultralight trolling rig and you have all the fight you will ever want out of any fish. Best of all there is no limit as many classify them as trash fish. They will run in size up to and sometimes over 3 lbs. They look a lot like a small striper having black vertical lines along their sides. They are also very good eating having very pale white meat with a mild flavor. I like them deep fried in beer batter and even better when brushed with butter and thrown on the BBQ grill where they cook within minutes to a crisp outer layer with a flaky interior. The bigger fish with thick filets are best cooked by broiling in the oven with a little melted garlic butter and lemon to baste them. Another way to prepare them is to roll them in egg and milk wash and roll them in potato flakes and then deep fry.(Not potato buds, but be sure to use the flakes). For those who like to eat healthy the broiled or charcoaled fish have practically no cholestrol or fat and very low in carbs. Dang I should have put this in the recipe section. Anyway unlike some fish, the catchin' is only half the fun, perhaps taking second place to the eating! Yummy! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread