What's new

Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

underdogger

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2009
Messages
755
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Well; My best day This year cut short by rain. Got up this morning and was weather watching. another rain day. So I went to my park I go to when it rains . Lots of tree cover and I was not happy. Then it hit ne all the leaves are gone . Just sat and finally some sun. fired up the priz 4 And I was off.

Went to a part off this picnic area and found a nickle right off the bat and said to my self." Might not be a bad day after all" about an hour in I had three coins and rain was soon. then I lit a cig and noticed a path that no one was on in years . So about 10 step in on this trail I found 13 wheats dates 1930- 1958-d with most of them in the fifties. All in a 5 ft radius. Now my blood was pumping . I found wheaties here before but I just steped in it. I knew It would not be long before Silver. Iwalked over to the base of a sappling and got a 10 -25 -50 read . and I was sky high my first silver Wpriz 4 was on the way I was wrong. My first 3 silver came out of the hole 1919 s merc 1944 merc and last but not least 1964 -d rosalita . happy dance and right after that I found a boy scout slide bolo and just for giggles yes you guessit another toy car and a shell of car asilver bead Trigger off a cap gun all total clad was 8Q 13 D 2N 44 P Add it all up and 67 clad and 3silvers and 13 wheat keepers 83 today and can wait to go back . thanks for looking all :coffee2: ROB
 

Attachments

  • Oct31078.webp
    Oct31078.webp
    14.3 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Oct31079.webp
    Oct31079.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Oct31080.webp
    Oct31080.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 1,095
Upvote 0
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Nice hunt there with all that wheat you should make some "bread" and three silvers in one hole man that is killing it keep it up and HH
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Great finds, nice hunt....
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Thanks guys The 3 in one hole was a shock . there is more here I think at one time it was a swimming hole before they put the oublic pool on the far side of park . Thanks for looking.
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

WTG Rob..I knew it wasnt to far off before ya lit up the silver light.. Will keep the light on for ya...Jimmy
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

looks like you had a great day bud. willy
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Heck yea what a day!!
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

awesome finds, and it sounds like a great place to detect. thanks for sharing and I always enjoy your posts. hh
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Nice diggs dogger!!! its just like wipeing your butt on a hulahoop theres no end to it!!!!!!!!!! :laughing9:,,,,,we hope,,,, that is!!!



arthur
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Back in the 80s I was able to MD the quadrangle area at the Univ in Denver...this was a small area surrounded by buildings not very large with grassy nolls where the students used to study.
Everything I found was clad as it was a new area of construction....In a days hunt I gathered $57.43 in coins. My biggest clad total in one day.
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Congrats on the Silver :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

nice pile of goodies ;D MR TUFF
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

nice pile of silver, hit it hard again and see what pops
 
Re: Wheat penny spill & I Knew What was comming.

Nice job, Rob. I'd take that anyday :icon_sunny:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom