What's new

Wheatie kind a day

wv hilljack

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2013
Messages
704
Reaction score
602
Golden Thread
0
Location
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunted a late 1800's oil town today. The home was a bed and breakfast inn back in the day according to the 89 year old lady that owns it, and I was the first to hunt it. Hit it hard trying to find anything silver, nothing but wheaties and another ingot. I don't know why but I seem to find these things everywhere lately. It rings in at 91 on the VDI and was a good 10" down. The little wheel with the gear on it is lead. The ring is cooper, Baby diaper safety pin, Shot gun stamp, and some clock hands parts. One nice thing about this yard was I didn't find one pull tab.

DSC00007.webpDSC00008.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 10
Good work, nice hunt!
 
With all those wheats I wouldn't give up on the silver.

Congrats on a Good hunt!!
 
hi hilljack is the ingot your talking about in the upper right?
 
that's a high number of wheats for no silver, I bet if you go back and go in the opposite direction you will hit one or two

cool hunt!
 
Yeah, that would be it. I wouldn't think it was lead because it was as shinny as it is in the pic.
 
Last edited:
cjon, I hit it forward and back thinking the same thing. The ground was very dry, was thinking about hitting it on a wet day. They lady invited to come back any time. She was please with how I treated her yard, said she couldn't tell were I dug.
 
Nice day out . Thank you for sharing your hunt and those pictures with us
 
Nice finds! What oil town were you in?
 
Friendly
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom