What's new

Wheaties! A nice bag of cents

cmhoose

Sr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2006
Messages
250
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Today I went through a nice $50 bag of cents. When I first cut open the bag, I could see wheaties just sitting on top. Wheaties were pretty evenly spread out over the entire bag. I seemed to get wheat in every handful. Total came to 214 wheaties! A new record for me. The coins were mainly 36-58. 1911 being the earliest. No key dates unfortunately, but still amazing. Enjoy!

cmhoose
 

Attachments

  • 214 Wheaties.webp
    214 Wheaties.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 312
Upvote 0
CM love the pic...nice touch.

-Golden Silver
 
Wheaties are very nutritional for the crh'er. lol Great bag of cents! Congrats
 
Thanks guys! I finally got a breakdown of the wheats for all you number crunchers like myself:

1911, 1917(2), 1918, 1919, 1920(2), 1927, 1935(3), 1935-D, 1936, 1937, 1937-D(2), 1940(3), 1941(15), 1942(13), 1942-D(6), 1944(16), 1944-D(4), 1945(9), 1945-D(7), 1946(13), 1946-D(7), 1947, 1947-D, 1948(2), 1948-D(3), 1949(2), 1949-D(2), 1950-D(5), 1951(2), 1951-D(10), 1951-S, 1952, 1952-D(4), 1953(2), 1953-D(11), 1953-S, 1954-D(4), 1955, 1955-D(9), 1956, 1956-D(18), 1957(2), 1957-D(10), 1958-D(12)

cmhoose :headbang:
 
ha nice use of moticons and good finds. Wheaties make you strong, eat em up!
 
Yum Yum, nice bowl of wheaties. :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations to you Hoose :thumbsup:! Have not seen you lately, glad you are still at it... Good luck, Gpurs...
 
Very nice bag! Love the pic. Hope you washed the bowl and spoon before you eat off it again!

-Codes
 
Congrats, I've been doing a lot of pennies recently hoping to fill my folders. Looks like you can start one after that box!
 
GPURS said:
Congratulations to you Hoose :thumbsup:! Have not seen you lately, glad you are still at it... Good luck, Gpurs...

Thanks! Yep, I took a three month vacation from the hobby. I got a promotion at work which switched me from midnight shift to days. Also, I was getting continuous skunk half boxes and just got a little burnt out. (But, I still checked into the forums occasionally to see what everybody was finding.) Now, with a little encouragement from dandow20, I am back at it. (watch out IN CRHer's, daddy's back) :wink:

It has been good to take the time off. It allowed for the local silver to build back up and for my back to heal from haulin' all those skunky halves back to the bank. ;D Now it's time for me to get back out there and clean up again.

Good luck all!
cmhoose
 
That will be a feather in you cap if you can eat the entire bowl... ;D
 
Certified dream bag!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom