What's new

wheaties, wheaties, and more wheaties

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first good wheatie pull of 2008.

All out of a $50 bag.

531 wheat pennies (1909, 1913-S, 1916(2), 1918, 1918-D, 1919, 1919-S(2), 1920(4), 1921-S, 1925, 1927(2), 1928, 1929, 1929-D, 1930(2), 1930-D, 1934(4), 1935(3), 1935-D, 1936(7), 1936-D, 1937(3), 1937-D, 1938, 1939(6), 1939-D, 1939-S, 1940(4), 1940-D(5), 1941(11), 1941-D(9), 1941-S Large S, 1942(5), 1942-D(8), 1942-S, 1943-D(2), 1944(24), 1944-D(19), 1944-S(4), 1945(25), 1945-D(25), 1945-S(2), 1946(20), 1946-D(31), 1946-S(2), 1947-D(15), 1947-S(3), 1948(3), 1948-D(9), 1949(2), 1949-D(5), 1949-S, 1950(4), 1950-D(9), 1950-S, 1951(2), 1951-D(20), 1952-D(27), 1952-S, 1953(5), 1953-D(27), 1953-S(2), 1954-D(9), 1955, 1955-D(22), 1956(5), 1956-D(33), 1957, 1957-D(30), 1958(3), 1958-D(41))

30 Canadian (1932, 1942, 1962, 1963, 1964(2), 1965, 1967, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1981(2), 1982(3), 1983, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1993(2), 1996(2), 1998, 2004)

1 Foreign (Germany, 2 Euro Cent (2002-D))

1 dime


71 different varieties (or exactly half when you include the large mintmark/small mintmark varieties)
And the 1913-S was the first ever reported on this board.... :D Only 5 more to complete the wheatie set for the forum since 2006.


And yes I have already purchased the nickels and dimes from the same machine. I had gone through them and posted them previously. The quarters I missed out on.
 
Upvote 0
That would qualify as a Dream Bag I would think. just finished my third $50 bag this week and got 13 Wheaties. from it and didn't fair much better on the other 2.

You obviously got Grandpa's Penny collection..,,,,

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Mojo
 
A 1913-S. good job.

Where did you see the list of whihc pennies have and have not been accounted for on this board so far? I'd like ot know what the 5 missing ones are. :-)

(Is one the 1909 - S VBD? I haven't found one yet, although I bought one years and years ago. Don't have it anymore. SOld it off at a small profit.)
 
Great score!
Yes- 1913-S!!!
That should bolster the 08 wheat totals!
 
Congratulations G,
Just goes to show pluggers will have those great finds once in awhile. Hope you have many more.
 
I would guess the missing five are


1909 s
1909 s V
1914 d
1922 no d
1931 s

-SWUSC
 
jrf30 said:
A 1913-S. good job.

Where did you see the list of whihc pennies have and have not been accounted for on this board so far? I'd like ot know what the 5 missing ones are. :-)

(Is one the 1909 - S VBD? I haven't found one yet, although I bought one years and years ago. Don't have it anymore. SOld it off at a small profit.)

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,144959.0.html

And I am the one keeping the list so I know :)

There is another list for finds from just 2008 and one for just 2007.
 
coinmojo said:
That would qualify as a Dream Bag I would think. just finished my third $50 bag this week and got 13 Wheaties. from it and didn't fair much better on the other 2.

You obviously got Grandpa's Penny collection..,,,,

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

Mojo

I am not sure that is was a collection. I also got the dimes and nickels at the same time and the nickels were pretty good (3 buffalos, 5 war nickels, and a high pre-1960 count (115)) and the dimes had 2 mercs. But if it were truly a collection I would have expected more hard to find dates mixed in. I think these were primarily just coins sitting around for awhile that finally got cashed in. They also weren't all in the bag together like a collection being cashed in, they were spread out throughout the bag like they were mixed with other stuff.
 
sfwusc said:
I would guess the missing five are


1909 s
1909 s V
1914 d
1922 no d
1931 s

-SWUSC

No special category for the 1922-D no D and 1922-D has been found.

The actual remaining list is

1909-S VDB
1914-D
1924-D
1928-S (Large Mintmark)
1931-S
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom