When books hit close to home...

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You ever read a book and something hit really close to home or just spooky timing?

Last week I finished up Nelson DeMille's 'The Panther' and the main bad guy was a terrorist that grew up in NJ and was now in Yemen. As I'm reading the book I discover the city the terrorist grew up in is the same city my wife grew up in. Then in the story he grew up in the same part of town as my wife which is rather small. I told my wife I always knew her family was terrorists. Fast forward to this week.

This week I'm reading Patricia Cornwell's 'The Bone Bed'. The crime scene investigator just recovered a body that had a gold ring with a silver three cent piece mounted in it. The last good find I had was my first ever silver three cent piece. As they are looking over the body they discover there are three Civil War buttons on the jacket. Then the other officer starts talking about when he got into metal detecting how he would go to battlefields and rivers looking for buttons and bullets and how one day he pulled a killer 'US' plate.

I thought it was really ironic on how the two books touch on two things very close to my heart in such a short period of time. Now I have to play the lottery.

Do you have any stories about ironic things that freaked you out a little or a lot?

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread