thrillathahunt
Silver Member
- #1
Thread Owner
For me, it must have been 1964. I was 8 years old then. I remember sitting in my mom's car downtown waiting for her to come out of the store. Of course I got bored, so I got out and started playing around the parking meters. Well, as I was swinging on one of them I happened to look down at the base in the grass and saw something shiny. It was a dime.... a Mercury dime! I still remember the feeling.......wow!!! So I started looking around the base of every parking meter on that whole block. Eureka! I ended up with a whole hand full of silver dimes in those few minutes! What a rush!
It was at THAT very moment that I realized that I was a "treasure hunter".
Now, let's hear your story.
It was at THAT very moment that I realized that I was a "treasure hunter".
Now, let's hear your story.
) she told me to walk the thirteen miles home. 


A little later on I had a small collection of old coins and a good pile of foreign coins my father got me. That's what planted the seed, then when I was maybe 13 I seen my friend's father at the park with a detector. I did know what he was doing, but was the first person I had ever seen. I soon made attempts with a cheapy but being so young not really having anyone to help me out the odds were greatly against so I gave up. Wasn't until age 28 I really started and still like coins and watches to this day but never regained an interest in pottery.







