When do you change out your batteries?

tinkb

Feb 12, 2005
Salem Ohio
Good question Thorny. One of the things that amaze me so far about the Golden Plus. Been out maybe 15-20 hours and it still says full. I was thinking for sure they needed changed by now and have read the manual several times thinking I misunderstood how to check.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I change my batteries when the machine starts to go haywire. In my 1266-X, 60-80 hours on real batteries is not uncommon. 40-50 on rechargeables is what I'm getting now. :)

-Buck

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
I change the battery in my Vaquero when it get to about 4 beeps. There is a drop off in performance when it gets to that point.

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
sqwaby said:
I change the battery in my Vaquero when it get to about 4 beeps. There is a drop off in performance when it gets to that point.

I will have to agree on that one ,,my vaq. seems to get a little weird at 4-beeps , it sure uses more power than my bandito II umax,,

arthur

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
sqwaby said:

I also change them if I happen to go to an area that I might not get to hunt again (out of state for instance) as I want top performance.

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Stoney has a good point if you are in an area you may not be back to, change them. Otherwise if you have the beeps, I'll change mine at around the 5 beeps or even 6 if I know I'll be out for the good portion of the day. It seems as though, once the beeps start to drop in numbers, the batteries start to run low pretty fast. :coffee2:

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my Eldorado the battery seems to last forever but I carry a spare allways in the truck just incase ,if I turn it on before I hunt an its less than 4 beeps she gets a new battery.

C

Cappy Z.

I haven't got a signal in over a month...maybe I should check the...

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Batteries? :icon_scratch: Metal detectors use batteries? :dontknow: ;D

No lower than three beeps. I buy the 9v in packs of 24. If I have a long walk I just stick a couple of fresh ones in my pocket and I'm ready. Why a "couple" of fresh ones? I was hunting an old house place in the woods once when the battery got low. Changed it with the spare I had in my pocket only to find out the spare was a dud right out of the pack. :tongue3: I'm sure you know what happened then. :walk: All the way back to the truck.

Randy

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
RPG said:
Batteries? :icon_scratch: Metal detectors use batteries? :dontknow: ;D

No lower than three beeps. I buy the 9v in packs of 24. If I have a long walk I just stick a couple of fresh ones in my pocket and I'm ready. Why a "couple" of fresh ones? I was hunting an old house place in the woods once when the battery got low. Changed it with the spare I had in my pocket only to find out the spare was a dud right out of the pack. :tongue3: I'm sure you know what happened then. :walk: All the way back to the truck.

Randy
Just when you carry a couple spares in your pocket, keep them separate and away from all metal or you may warm up your pockets. Had 1 in with coins once and leg got real warm shorting out the battery....lol. HH.

Ed

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions