What's new

When is enough enought

Sir Gala Clad

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Messages
1,334
Reaction score
511
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When is enough enough/sufficient?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Probablyp When you start asking, when is to much to much.
 
when it makes sense
 
This isnt enough info? I need more. There we go again. Damit Jim

sponge using smoke signals.
 
I'm full. I've had enough. :occasion14:
 
When you click on, read, and respond to a post like this one? :laughing7:
 
I can never get enough.
 
When I cannot lift the collection bag anymore... thats enough.
 
When you've had enough.
 
When is enough enough/sufficient?

I purposely did not identify quantifying information/details/restrictions so that member replies were not influenced by the way that the above question was asked”. In other words, I am looking for out of the box responses. This was not meant to be trivial, nor nonsense.

In my opinion, the answer to the question “When is enough enough” is Never!
That is unless, we are able to separate our needs from our wants.
This is not easy to do, but it is crucial, as needs are finite and if within our capability can be obtained with discipline. While wants are never ending, and cannot be satisified.
 
...When you lose all hope...thats when
 
Theres nothing wrong with wanting. It gives the soul desire to succeed and accomplish. Wanting to clear my mind is a want. HH

sponge using smoke signals.
 
I especially like Sponge's reply as it shows how difficult it is to think outside the box, which I accidentally narrowed when I later provided my opinion. I never considered that inspiration and motivation could be just as important and even more important than requirements.


Theres nothing wrong with wanting. It gives the soul desire to succeed and accomplish. Wanting to clear my mind is a want. HH

sponge using smoke signals.
 
Last edited:
I purposely did not identify quantifying information/details/restrictions so that member replies were not influenced by the way that the above question was asked”. In other words, I am looking for out of the box responses. This was not meant to be trivial, nor nonsense.

In my opinion, the answer to the question “When is enough enough” is Never!
That is unless, we are able to separate our needs from our wants.
This is not easy to do, but it is crucial, as needs are finite and if within our capability can be obtained with discipline. While wants are never ending, and cannot be satisified.

You do know today is Friday, and said question should only be asked on a Monday, it's way to much work before the week-end to think that hard! Besides it's interrupting my beer. Have a great Week-End.
 
I always thought that 8 is Enough.
 
After something like five weeks without even seeing the beach, I said, "enough is enough" and I finally went today. :thumbsup:
When I drove onto the beach I saw how much sand was piled up everywhere and I said, "enough is enough" and I turned around and went back home. :laughing7:
 
When the guy in the White House fails to have the balls to:

Carry out his threats of action against the tyrannical President of Syria
Demand that the Mexican Government release Sgt. Tahmooressi from prison
Admit we are at war with ISIS
 
when you no longer want "it" anymore,.....you've had enough!

chuck.
 
Penzfan: What I am trying to work up to , by thinking outside the box, is to advocate the use of a more powerful requirements driven approach for selecting metal detecting equipment, such as: how that equipment will be used, conditions that it will be used under, how it interfaces with you, etc in preference to the current simplistic approach of comparing Item A better then B, which in my opinion adds little value to the person reading the thread and results in needless bickering amongst detectorists.

What I do not want to do is open Pandora’s Box. If you feel this way, you should open up your own thread under one of the amendments. To be honest, the answer to such political questions is beyond my paygrade and lies within a different box than the one I am trying to widen. However, before closing Pandora’s Box, I would like to add that the press should identify this terrorist group by its name “ The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria”, or “The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant” – Levant denotes Syria and Lebanon in Arabic, according to CNN. Since the use of either English acronym ISIS or ISIL negatively impacts/ and needlessly hurts those whose first name, is Isis/Isil, a name which they have used for decades and are proud of.

Thank you for your reply.

When the guy in the White House fails to have the balls to:

Carry out his threats of action against the tyrannical President of Syria
Demand that the Mexican Government release Sgt. Tahmooressi from prison
Admit we are at war with ISIS
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom