What's new

When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

I raised my 3 sons to address adults as M'am or Sir, and to open doors for women and so on, last time I was carded was about 9 years ago, made me laugh and made my day. I had a good laugh one day last summer, one of the neighbor's grandsons were at his apt, I asked them if they could put a plate of food in the fridge for their grandpa, for when he got home! The boys said yes, so off I went to prepare a plate of food, I heard the younger one say to the older one " She is pretty!" His brother said, get ready for this..."Yea she is, but she is old!" I had such a hard time walking and not falling down laughing my behind off!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

I'm not getting old, I'm aging to perfection! :laughing9: Red :laughing9:
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

I can remember the first time someone called me "Ma'am" - I think I looked around to see who they were talking to - it was me.

I'm old. It's just the way it is.

I remember, and I've told this true story before - my grandmother took down all the mirrors in the house. When I went to visit, it was windy out, and I grabbed a hairbrush, but the mirrors were gone. I asked her about it. She said the one in the bathroom cabinet was still there. I asked her what happened
to all the others.

Her words I will remember forever "I took them all down, because every time I looked into them, some old lady was looking back at me" :laughing7: :laughing7:


I was in my 20's then - and didn't quite get it...................but I do now.


Think of it this way - when you were 20 - how likely were you to ask a 60 year old out on a date? Why not? :dontknow: Of course, once you are in your late 40's or above, 60 doesn't seem too old.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be 13, when I was 13, I wanted to be 16, when I was 16, I wanted to be 18 - when I was 18, I wanted to be 21 - then I turned 21, they lowered the voting age to 18, and all of a sudden, I was 60+.

Don't worry about age - or what anyone thinks about your age, or your wrinkles. When you are young, you think you know it all, when you are my age, you realize just how much you don't know (I have officially become part of the generation that cannot make her DVD/BlueRay player work on a regular basis).

Age is just a number - living life is what you do with those days.

Beth
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

Not Age, Mileage!!!! No discrimination here..
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

I am 80, I still use sir on people older, in a position of authority, a lady automatically gets called Mam...I open doors for females and crippled persons, hold a door for burdened men. If asked my service number it is automatically followed by Sir! .If a lady opens or holds a door for me,I thank them and comment that I am not used to having a pretty girl hold a door for me, it works for all ages of girls. The local watering hole got ticleted for servng a minor, so we all demanded that they card us. After two weeks of that ,they decided that we were having too much fun and quit it.Always ermember OLD AGE AINT FOR SISSIES !!!!!! Have fun with it Bob
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

lonesomebob said:
I am 80, I still use sir on people older, in a position of authority, a lady automatically gets called Mam...I open doors for females and crippled persons, hold a door for burdened men. If asked my service number it is automatically followed by Sir! .If a lady opens or holds a door for me,I thank them and comment that I am not used to having a pretty girl hold a door for me, it works for all ages of girls. The local watering hole got ticleted for servng a minor, so we all demanded that they card us. After two weeks of that ,they decided that we were having too much fun and quit it.Always ermember OLD AGE AINT FOR SISSIES !!!!!! Have fun with it Bob

:D I hold the door for Everyone.
I Don't look for age, sex or Criminal intent
before doing that. It would take too long
To lift the Hood (or Hoodie) & Check :icon_thumleft:
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

This is fitting here:
Old is just Old - Old is not Dumb
A strong young man at a construction site was bragging that he could out-do
anyone in a feat of strength.
He made a special case of making fun of one of the older workmen.
After several minutes, the older worker had enough.
'Why don't you put your money where your mouth is,' he said. 'I'll bet a week's
wages that I can haul something in a wheelbarrow over to that building that you
won't be able to wheel back.'
'You're on, old man,' the braggart replied. 'Let's see you do it.'
The old man reached out and grabbed the wheelbarrow by the handles.
Then, nodding to the young man, he said,
"All right, Dumb Ass, get in.'
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

Mike, it ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to. I don't have any problems with gettin old so no hang ups come to mind. (57, y'all) Nothin about me is much different than when I was in high school. Unfortunately, I am probably one of those folks who go great guns and then one day suddenly crash down to become a senile dribbling idiot. Hope I'm able to say 'Welcome to Walmart'. Growing up, we generally called everyone 5 years or so older than us 'sir' or 'ma'am'. To their face anyway.
 
Re: When someone refers to you as "Old Person"

spartacus53 said:
Old, is old; so get used to it :laughing7:

I wish I had that problem, I still get carded when buying a pack of cigarettes :laughing9:

I still get carded when buying condoms...they still ask if I'm big , oops, old enough
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom