What's new

Where can i get one of those cool small metal detecting shovels?

MackDigger

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
975
Reaction score
870
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SaskHunter can make ya one!:thumbsup:
 
If I didn't already have a Lesche, I would order a shovel from SaskHunter that says Grandpa on it!
 
Check on ebay. Best place to get what you need at the best price.
 

Loews, $10 25" true temper, reshape to your desired blade width and configuration.

digger and junk.webp
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have their Model 31 Raptor and the thing is a beast, I sharpened one side of it to use it as an ax for roots and it works like a charm!

Welcome to Predator Tools Online!

Like you choice, I have the Raven model 25, never leave home with out it.. I leave it in my jeep .... 5 year warranty, and only weighs 3lbs 3oz
 
I've always been partial to the military E tool. Not the new ones, the type that had wooden handle. I have 2 different styles,one with a folding pick on the back and one without. I prefer the one without the pick. I always keep it opened like a hoe as I can hang it on my shoulder while I'm hunting. Anyways they are getting pretty scarce now, but if you can get your hands on one, I'ts well worth the money. These things are built strong! I've used my favorite for 20yrs. and it hasn't broken yet!001.webp002.webp003.webp004.webp005.webp006.webp
 
Mr B has it correct. You only need one shovel. An AMES WW II Entrenching Tool. You turn the blade on a 90. You buy a pistol beltbelt at your army surplus , you go to Ace and buy a drop in holster for a mag light belt holster. You put that on your pistol belt , you drop the AMES shovel down in your holster and you will be very satisfied with the worlds best relic digger !
 
They've added to and improved their like at Predator/Lesche. I have a ball-handled Dixie 58LB that is a dandy little digger. Long enough to use as a walking stick in remote excusrions. I use this as a trenching and transplanting shovel around the homestead as well.


58LB.webp
 
Mr B has it correct. You only need one shovel. An AMES WW II Entrenching Tool. You turn the blade on a 90. You buy a pistol beltbelt at your army surplus , you go to Ace and buy a drop in holster for a mag light belt holster. You put that on your pistol belt , you drop the AMES shovel down in your holster and you will be very satisfied with the worlds best relic digger !

If you hunt around you can find the WW2 Ames trench shovels with the original covers with the pistol belt hanger hooks. As all have said, it is an excellent shovel. I don't like to see folks using shovels in parks or public lawns, but I have used mine for a lot of bottle dumps and relic hunting in the woods for over fifty years.
 

Sorry, just spotted those on eBay but wouldn't have suggested them if I'd known they were absolute junk. I guess the price WAS too good to be true as a usable tool. But as stated, it would make for an excellent finds pouch....and a paperweight. :)
I personally carry the old wooden handle entrenching tool.

05_us_etool.webp

I also carry a sharpshooter in my vehicle. May have to rope drag it behind me like I've seen others do.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
also you can make a holster out of a very short piece of radiator hose. Cut a 3 to 4 inch piece of radiator hose. Then cut two vertical slits to slide thru a pistol belt. Then just drop the shovel down into the cut section of hose. Believe it or not..I have a friend who passed away and his wife buried him with his Fisher 1265x , his pistol belt , radiator hose holster and a AMES WW II Entrenching Tool.
 
Another Predator Raven 25 user here. Get it out fast. Get it out deep. Get it back clean.
 
Predator Tools 200%, Ive got the relic pro shorty-Its everything you could want in a shovel for detecting, and more. Sharpened on 3 edges and serrated on one side...EXCELLENT for cutting thru roots, hardened so it wont chip on rocks...Its the perfect height for getting the handle behind the crook of your knee and leaning back with your weight to expose the plug from tough ground...used it as an axe for roots 2" dia., and as a pry to break off rock chips from a face(not suggested by predator)to no ill effect and just chews thru rocky CT soil.. don't know what it weighs, but I just shoulder it in the field and keep it in the jeep the rest of the time...some defensive insurance against animal attack/zombies..All in all a Great shovel..HH!
 
If you hunt around you can find the WW2 Ames trench shovels with the original covers with the pistol belt hanger hooks. As all have said, it is an excellent shovel. I don't like to see folks using shovels in parks or public lawns, but I have used mine for a lot of bottle dumps and relic hunting in the woods for over fifty years.
Yeah, a lot of property owners don't like to see a shovel in you hands, even the relatively small E-tool. I'm old school, so I use a genuine U.S. Coast Guard divers knife for those areas.What can I say, I've got a thing for military surplus :laughing7: But seriously the E-tool is perfect for my area. I use it in the woods, farm fields, and the beach. the knife I use in school yards,lawns,and probing under tree roots. Can no longer see the date of manufacture on my favorite E-tool, but the one with the pick was made in 1952. I guess I need to start looking for a back up for my fav In case it finally breaks!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom