What's new

Where can I metal detect?

bloovey

Full Member
Joined
Feb 16, 2017
Messages
123
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Ottawa Canada and I can't find anywhere to metal detect. Everything either belongs to the government or is private property. There is only a few beaches in my area and I've been there many times. I would like to find somewhere new to metal detect like uncharted territory. I even put up an ad to get permission to metal detect on private property but no luck. I want to find real big treasure somewhere on planet earth! I've heard now companies want to mine asteroids rich with massive amounts of precious metals and other planets where it rains diamonds worth tonnes of money!

I love metal detecting, it is very fun not knowing what kind of treasure I might find but I always feel like I'm doing something illegal.

I welcome any suggestions.

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Search online for old photos of your area to see what may have been in your area that is now gone. Use the library too for research. You'll have a better idea of what you may be looking for.
Instead of running an ad, get out and talk to people and try to engage them in the history of their area and offer to share finds with them from their property.
Donate interesting finds to your local museum to share in that history.
The more you know the better it will get.
Good luck!
 
Ahhh...that's where the research part kicks in. I doubt you'll find many people who will tell you where the treasure is buried. Ask around for permissions, (placing an ad won't cut it) hit the library for old maps, and scour the internet for leads in and around your location. And by all means, check T Net for info on your area as well! Good luck and happy hunting!
 
Search online for old photos of your area to see what may have been in your area that is now gone. Use the library too for research. You'll have a better idea of what you may be looking for.
Instead of running an ad, get out and talk to people and try to engage them in the history of their area and offer to share finds with them from their property.
Donate interesting finds to your local museum to share in that history.
The more you know the better it will get.
Good luck!

Rusty-Great minds think alike! :laughing7:
 
If your from the area, ask to hunt relatives yards. Most opf my best finds came from older yards in town. Of course many have been hunted since the 70's, but not all.
 
There are many ghost towns in your country that you can search without harassment.
 
Have you check to see if city and provincial parks allow detecting. Sometimes it just comes down to dressing nice and knocking on someone's front door.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom