Where do you buy your Half Dollar wrappers?

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
I bought mine from a bank supply company online got 50,000.00 worth or half wrappers for under 30.00 bucks and almost time to buy more.
Best Regards, Ray

SoCalMark

Dec 28, 2006
Inland Empire
Detector(s) used
MXT, Explorer II
If you are a member, some banks will give them to you. I ordered 500 tubes before I knew they were free from the bank. DOH!

HH Mark

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I try to avoid buying things that I can get free all day long from the local banks. The money I save can be used to HUNT MORE HALVES!!!

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I just reuse the rolls that come in my boxes. Uncrimp the long end and put the rejects back in. Fold over and take back to the bank(different bank).

OP
OP
J

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do you go about unrolling the end, and which is the long end? I've never noticed a long end.....

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JT2 said:
How do you go about unrolling the end, and which is the long end? I've never noticed a long end.....

Your Apparently Getting the Machine Packed Rolls.
I Don't think they can be Unrolled.

The ones they are Talking about are the Hand Packed Rolls
like this

Attachments

• ends.jpg
    ends.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 254
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 227

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JT2 said:

Just pick an end and unroll / uncrimp it slowly and the halves should slide right out. Then just stick them back in and push the edges back down to hold them in. I used to do this with my machine wrapped rolls until I found a bank with a coin counter. If you can find such a bank then use them to your advantage! Re-rolling coins is no fun at all, especially if you just got skunked!!!

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
bscofield6 said:
Re-rolling coins is no fun at all, especially if you just got skunked!!!
This is the mostest truest statment I've heard all day :)
Skunks stink rerolling them makes it even harder
Best Regards, Ray

Attachments

• 1pepelepew.jpg
    1pepelepew.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 345

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Here's a photo of a roll I uncrimped and rerolled. If you notice the mark on the roll you will see that it tends toward one side. This means that the crimp on that side is a little longer than the other side. I always uncrimp that side because it gives me just a little more paper to work with. It also makes putting that last coin in a little easier.

Attachments

• roll.jpg
    roll.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 216

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
HI Goldinmypan,When you reroll the halves in the machine roll do you turn them back in to the bank in small amounts or do you just put them back into the box they came in and return them that way?

I used to do that but after a few weeks I was getting back returned boxes COMPLETE with all the rolls I had personally searched through.

I don't know if that means that in my area there are alot of hunters and the trucks just pick them up at one branch and deliver them top another on the same route that ordered half boxes without returning them to the counting machines to be mixed in with new,hopefully silver,halves.

It happened enough times to me that I began hand rolling hoping that they would have to take them out out since they were customer rolled and recount them before they boxed them back up to ship out to another bank.

Have you ever received a box of halves with the wrappers opened already,but reclosed by hand?Thanks for your input...schramm...

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I return my rejects to different banks than I buy from. I have 3 different banks that I return to and I usually only return about $250 - $300 to any branch in a month. That way the tellers don't get tired of seeing me and its no strain on their business. One of these banks (BofA) I occasionally buy boxes from but only from branches outside my area. I used to use them only as a buy bank but the local branch said they wouldn't buy boxes anymore so now they are a dump bank. There are about 6 branches local. The other 2 banks I use to dump have about 20 branches in easy reach. I usually buy 2 but sometimes 3 boxes per week so I have plenty of places to dump without overusing any of them. There are other banks in my area that never have any halves so if up my intake at some time in the future than I would just open an account at one of them to spread out the extra rejects.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread