What's new

Where is a good place to sell silver?

bigtime400

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2007
Messages
340
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
the moon
I was looking to unload some of my 40% halves. Anyone know know a good place? Kitco would send me a 1099 right? Not sure if I want to go that route.
 
Upvote 0
Coin show. I was going to say Craigslist, but I've had several rolls listed at 25% below melt for over a month, they won't sell.
 
I was just asking this question recently. From what I hear, the consensus is either a coin show or AMPEX. AMPEX typically deals with large orders, so you might not get as close to melt value if you don't have $1000 face. You can probably forget about pawn shops or coin shops. I checked at several around here, and they ranged from $6 for a silver dollar (lol) to $11 per $1 face for 90% silver coins. Although I did manage to find one place that is buying at $14 per $1 face...
 
$6.00 for a Silver Dollar???????????? What country were you in??????? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
 
fistfulladirt said:
Coin show. I was going to say Craigslist, but I've had several rolls listed at 25% below melt for over a month, they won't sell.

I'll take them for that price.
 
When I sell I go to a coin/jewelry store in town and get a pretty good deal. I get under melt, which is understandable because they have to make a little, but not much under melt and I don't have to deal with mailing coins etc.
 
$6 for a silver dollar

Heck, I will pay more then $6 for a SD! $6.01...
 
Hi Ho Silver! said:
$6.00 for a Silver Dollar???????????? What country were you in??????? :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

Pretty crazy. This was only about three weeks ago that I called. I guess the jerks are just trying to rip off grandma who doesn't know anything about coins. It's a very crappy way to run a business.
 
I just got 90% of melt at a coin show on sunday. You have to work the room, don't take the first offer.
 
bigtime400 said:
I was looking to unload some of my 40% halves. Anyone know know a good place? Kitco would send me a 1099 right? Not sure if I want to go that route.

Bulliondirect.com too. A reasonable price to get on 40% halves is $57 on $10 on Nucleo right now. ALmost 6X face just for the 40%ers. And the 90%ers are going for 15X face PLUS.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom