Where is Captain SE!? For the answer read the thread! :) Thanks

Re: Where is Captain SE!? (I know this doesn't go here, but everyone knows him here)

Me too.
Newt

Re: Where is Captain SE!? (I know this doesn't go here, but everyone knows him h

I wonder too. Sent him a PM, the thingy shows he was last around on June 4th... that's not that long ago in the big scheme of things. Hope all is ok and he'll be back with us soon. :hello2:

Re: Where is Captain SE!? (I know this doesn't go here, but everyone knows him h

I had been thinking the same thing for about three weeks. Hope he's doing okay.

Ray

Re: Where is Captain SE!? (I know this doesn't go here, but everyone knows him here)

I talked to him on July 2nd. He said he was taking a break from the detecting to get caught up on other important things. He said he has not been on the forums much either as the detecting was taking up too much time and he wanted to do other things right now.

No problems from what he said just taking a break.

HH,

Dave

Drodda777 said:
I talked to him on July 2nd. He said he was taking a break from the detecting to get caught up on other important things. He said he has not been on the forums much either as the detecting was taking up too much time and he wanted to do other things right now.

No problems from what he said just taking a break.

That's good news! :thumbsup:

Was wondering the same! glad to hear hes alright :thumbsup:

Yeah, I haven't seen him on here or the Kinzli (California) forum for a while; haven't talked to him for a while either...

I couldn't imagine him taking a break :) But I know the pickin's have been slim down there this summer...

Dan, where ya at?

I think he is taking a break either to have the people replenish the sites he plundered or he just might be taking that long wheelbarrow haul to the bank...That takes awhile cause that silver is heavy...or at least his silver is heavy. Hope he is doing well. We miss ya there Captn.....jgas

That's odd I ran into this post today as I have been wondering the same thing ??? I was in Ontario, Ca a few days and wanted to call him but no answer on his PM. We talked about a hunt a while back. Hope the same thing...........hope he is alright ???

Where is he :( Come back Captain SE! Come back to us! :)

Hey guys,

I texted Dan last night after reading this thread and wondering the same thing myself. Well, I talked to Dan today and found out what is going on. As you know, he has a huge passion for detecting and amassing silver coins; I've never seen a guy hunt as much or with such dedication as him.

Some of you may know that he had a serious bout with chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia about three years ago. In fact, that's what got him (back) into detecting--he used to do it when he was younger, but getting into it again was a key factor in his recovery. He went from barely being able to climb two stairs to his kitchen, to getting outside, to swinging a detector for a couple minutes, then 5, then 10 minutes, until after a few months he was doing full day hunts (and eventually going all day, nonstop, regardless of heat, fatigue, or anything else... Anything for another silver! :) )

When I first met him he was just recovering from that bout, and still swinging his 6000di. My dad and I introduced him to his namesake machine and he's been going nonstop ever since. Well, it turns out the symptoms have come back. It's not nearly as bad as it was last time; he is still getting outside every day, doing a little fishing, and walking around. But it is a seriously debilitating disease, not just fatigue but utter inability to move, widespread body pain, and of course the mental aspect that goes along with being sidetracked like this.

He sounds good, and in good spirits, but it will be a little while before he can get out again. He said it just takes a little too much effort to get online at the moment, but he was really happy to hear that many of his friends from this and the California forum are concerned for him. I have no doubt that he'll make a full recovery again, especially as this seems not quite as bad as the last time. Many of you know how generous Dan is with his time, knowledge, and friendship; always eager to help someone starting out with their machine and to guide them to proficiency, and to share finds even over the phone from the park.

I know he would appreciate your well wishes, especially when he's able to come back online and see that his absence was not missed.

Thanks for looking!

Jayson

We're all praying for a speedy recovery, and I think I speak for everyone on this forum.

Get well soon Dan.

Your friend
Randy

Dan. Sorry to hear about your set back. Hurry back and start motivating us again with your silver finds. Your knowledge on the SE is second to none. Good Luck. PJ

Youre in our prayers Dan. lookin forward to havin ya back.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Hope you get better soon bud, we all miss ya!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Dan, best wishes for your speedy recovery :thumbsup:

Jayson, thanks for the update :icon_thumleft:

habs

Dan........ Randy pretty well summed it up for me:
RPG said:
We're all praying for a speedy recovery, and I think I speak for everyone on this forum.

Get well soon Dan.

Your friend
Randy
We're all pulling for ya Capt. SE
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back