This is an issue I have spent many hours contemplating, and right now no answer is good for me. I chose safe deposit box only because I rent currently. Since someone else (landlord) and who knows else has a key to my place, I cannot risk home storage.
If I had my own place, I would have a HIDDEN safe installed.
But storing at home has risks. Don't bet that a big gun safe or even old jeweler's safe is really "safe". Most safes can easily be cut with a torch or opened with a sledgehammer. Also, weight is not really relevant. I have read that it only takes two men and a glorified dolly to move a several hundred plus pound safe into your house when you buy it. Thus, the same could remove it. You say it is bolted down, back to blow torch and sledgehammer.
The average crack head burglar does not spend much time in a house and will have a hard time with the safe if it is bolted and a good one. But if you get known as a silver and gold collector you might get a more organized burglar that has time and knowledge.
My personal view is that if you are a home owner, a very good hidden safe that is fireproof and professionally installed, plus a good home burglar alarm system will protect your stuff from all but the most sophisticated burglar. I am a big fan of home burglar alarm systems because it lowers the amount of time the thief has to take your stuff significantly.
With respect to safe deposit boxes, yes the bank can go under and it will be hard to recover your stuff. Or if the government declares some type of emergency they could close all banks and boxes I guess. But the trade off is a burglar is not gonna get it. However, creditors can get a judgment against you and have your box contents removed to satisfy the judgment under proper circumstances.
A last thing to consider is if you have some type of significant other in the house. If they decide to split, they could remove your coin stash and take it. I have seen some bad things in divorce cases where such activity went on and could not be proven by the party who got his/her coins taken.
Jim