WHERE IS THE SILVER????

kkbroker

Oct 2, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Pro is 3 weeks out of the box. I have spent these three weeks in my back yard of my 1890's home digging about every signal I get...emptied two 5 gallon buckets of junk to prove it. I'm not totally disappointed with the results but when you find coins ranging from 1904-2006 something tells me that there has to be some silver out there. I did find one 1947 Walking Liberty Half in great shape. An old Polmolive Soap Token and some of the nickels dating in the 50's but all dimes and quarters have been post 1964. It's like I can pretty much guarantee that I can find a penny within 10-15 minutes every time.

So here are the questions...I am using Pro Zero mode and listening for any high tones be them loud or dim and then try to hone in on them. There is so much "chatter" from eveything else that seems to pop up in my yard and I occasionally see the meter hit 91-95 but it's hard to zero in on that target or get the MD to repeat it. Should I be using a different setting? Should I continue to clear the junk so the other stuff will eventially be all that is left? Thanks in advance for any words wof wisdom.

Yard Finds.jpg other stuff.jpg

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deepending on your soil, try dialing the sensitivity down one or two notches. True you wont get as deep but I've found that with alot of junk around you can hone in a little better. Also when using the pinpointer on AT Pro, make the sensitivity all the way down to its lowest point. Hope this helps uncover some silver. Let us know. HH

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I'm hunting many older yards I'll use my small coil cause a big one is too much for some spots. I'm sure they make a small coil for the AT Pro. At times I'll even turn my receive gain way down on my V3i cause when it's really trashy cause too much just creates noise when you have a lot of different metal to contend with.

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There more sliver there some where, keep swing and digging you will find it. Good Luck.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the best looking sights hold no silver. Congrats on them nice finds!

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good to me for 3 weeks. :thumbsup: I agree with Mike, good sites do not always produce silver. And you can't complain with a '47 Walking Liberty half. :hello2:

HH

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! Keep at it and the Silver will come - WTG

Top Member Reactions