What's new

Where to detect on vacation

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 2, 2013
Messages
2,170
Reaction score
1,896
Golden Thread
0
Location
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family is leaving for Florida Saturday the 21 .We are staying in Orlando until Friday.when we leave Orlando I have my choice of where to stay another night and do some detecting while my wife and kids shop ,play at the beach or do whatever.what would be my best bet between Orlando and frozen ground.
Thanks
 
metal_detector.gif
While waiting on a reply - you might consider (posting and/or browsing) Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to Florida.
 
Very good suggestion I will, but I'm also not limited to Florida.Carolinas/Georgia aren't off the table.
 
Sounds like you are driving.

I grew up in Orlando. Then Disney moved in and someone paved paradise and put up a parking lot.

I don't go there anymore. Too crowded, obnoxious traffic, everyone is digging deep into your pockets.

Think about a nice B&B or VRBO on your path home. One that is on plenty of land, with the understanding from the owners that you would like to detect the property.
 
having the same thought myself in a month or so, Of heading south to do some digging and camping. I hear some southern states don't take a liking to detectorists.
 
having the same thought myself in a month or so, Of heading south to do some digging and camping. I hear some southern states don't take a liking to detectorists.

Well I don't take kindly to folks that don't take kindly to detectorists
 
Careful detecting in southern states. Some have laws regarding finding old items. You are required to report them. Lots of history down there so dont let that scare you off. Yoir best bet might be posting in the georgia or carolina forums or tnet member hunts and say youre looking for someone to take you to a detecting spot. Someone might have a permission they are willing to bring you to for a few hours.
 
I would be happy to hunt with anyTN member .
 
I would be happy to hunt with any TN members in Connecticut.
 
Thanks Samuel it's not on our route this trip but I try to get to different places so perhaps we can hook up this spring or summer
 
I guess I'm going to detect cocoa beach tomorrow if anyone has advise or would like to join me that would be wonderful
 
My only experience swinging a coil in Florida has been on the Gulf Coast. I have hunted school grounds, public beaches, and State Park Beaches.
My hunting stretched from Tarpon Springs to
St. Petersburg. The State Park restrictions say that you are allowed to hunt the sand from the water's edge to the edge of the dunes. In other words,, stay out of the water and off the dunes. The local town / city beaches allow you to use a metal detector but be mindful that if you use the beach parking lot, you are required to keep the parking meters happy.
 
Thanks for the response I'll feed the beast I enjoy helping out Floridas economy (we love it here ).
 
Ok I hunted cocoa beach I know it should be in today's finds but I thought I'd show how I did on my first salt water beach ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485395837.000832.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485395955.558004.webp
Really cool keychain
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485396020.228084.webp
This is complete but no markings
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485396089.266516.webp
I don't think it's gold but I'll test it when I get home
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1485396162.037887.webp
Really Florida gold plated bottle caps lol
Thanks for looking maybe next year I can hook up with a member to hunt with I could use beach pointers.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom