OP
BONECHOP

BONECHOP

Apr 26, 2007
Lisle Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am a lone wolf so far.
I have been to some spots that would think they are hot around the Lock Port area.
little luck so far. I have to get back swing the machine!
I will be going to Chicago parks soon I know of some hot to be spots.
SEE YA

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bonechop -welcome Ive been hunting Ill. midwest for for approx. 22yrs --my advice is to start in old yards... many have good finds..not alot of trash.. Finding obscure hotspots (thru research )while hitting a yard or 2 close to home etc can be rewarding...BTK

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
BONECHOP said:
I am a lone wolf so far.
I have been to some spots that would think they are hot around the Lock Port area.
little luck so far. I have to get back swing the machine!
I will be going to Chicago parks soon I know of some hot to be spots.
SEE YA
Yep. Go to the old part of town.You'll know it by the old buildings. Maybe get permission to search the many old church grounds there, too. HINT: Ogle county used to have a lot of covered bridges. Detecting around where they used to be will yield you some PRE-Civil war era coins.steven.

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
I'm from Lockport, curious about what you thought where good sites. Let me know and I could answer and give you my opinions. Rob

OP
OP
BONECHOP

BONECHOP

Apr 26, 2007
Lisle Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
HELLO Rob
I was at that park I can't think of the name but it was on Route 7 the place was lock for the I&M canal. It has a band shell it a big park.
I walk down to the stream and tyred there on banks and in the water nothing.
But I found very old beer bottle from Joliet brewery these bottles are very thick in glass.
I dug them out of the banks of the waterway there are some old bridges there.
Do you know what the place is now?
There has to be very old coins there maybe we can work it over some day or weekend.
I saw the police & park ranger there too and they never said anything to me.
sorry I can't remember the name but I know you would know.
Also that day I was at the Lemont old swim club. do you know about that place from the 20's keep in touch steve ( bonechop)

The Fixer

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
Homer Glen, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
The old swim club in Lemont, been hunting there for years. It was backfilled with about 5 feet of wonderful dirt from it's original state. If you are a bottle digger, let me know, I have come across a pretty big bottle dump close to Rt 83 and Archer. I pulled a few neat looking ones from there. I am guessing that they were from when the canal was built.

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Hi Bonechop, I missed this post. The park is Dellwood Park. It is not from the 20"s it's from the 1800's. It's on route 171 not route 7. It was an amusement park at one time. It is off limits to detecting, there is a city ordinance and a park cop. I've been run out twice and just got a PM from a guy who was also run out. As Fixer said the Lemont club has been backfilled and it would be hard to find anything old. Rob

The Fixer

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
Homer Glen, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Maybe a night hunt in Dellwood park dressed in camo, with night vision googles. This guy can't work 24 hours a day, he has to stop for donuts sometime. Those darn cops.

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Dellwood has few remaining areas of ground that haven't been regraded. There are a few lines of fence with the original concrete fence posts. Also every guy I've talked to has hunted the park over the last 50 years. Then there is the fact that much of the ground guys hunt were actually under the ponds formed by the dam.

I myself hunted the park for 3 or 4 years before the ordinance. I only found a few Mercurys from the thirties. A small band shelter is the only remaining structure and the ground around it is not original. Lockport goes out of it's way to advertise as historical. Most of our history is under parking lots.

It is unbelievable the trash that is in the park. The park is taken over by a group of people on the weekends that don't know about garbage cans. I won't go into this or I will get into trouble. Rob

The Fixer

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
Homer Glen, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Went to the old bottle dump today

Attachments

• DSCF0622333.jpg
    DSCF0622333.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,007
OP
OP
BONECHOP

BONECHOP

Apr 26, 2007
Lisle Il.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: found old beer bottles at Delwood

OK Rob where the bottle dump at exactly at.
I was at Dellwood two months ago hunting there and saw 3 cops they never said anything to me. In fact I was hunting around the ranger garage there and two pulled in and I know they saw me with the detector.But that day I found 4 beer bottles for Juliet brewery in the banks of the water by the bridge there.
So let me know where to park for the bottle dump?

The Fixer

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2007
Homer Glen, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Parking and bottles. I sent you coordinates, but you have no GPS. Best I can do for you.

Attachments

• Sag Quarries.jpg
    Sag Quarries.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 988

rcasi44

Jul 24, 2006
NE Illinois
Bonechop the cops will not run you out, it is none of their business. It's the park district cop you have to worry about. There is only one, so what you saw was two city cops taking a break. If a ticket doesn't bother you then hunt the park. Rob

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Dellwood, been there and was ran out...did manage a barber quarter and v-nickel first...and a ton of clad...I would love to hit that park again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread