chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Everyone!

If I had a section of property that I saw on google earth in Arizona and I wanted to find out if it is already claimed or if it is privately owned or whom owns the claim or property is there anywhere online where I could search to find the info?

Thanks for any help!

Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
You can start here. This will show you who has that land. BLM. Forest Service, State etc. Once you've figured out that you'll need to find out if prospecting is allowed. (No prospecting on State Land) If it is, then you need to see if it's already claimed or not.

ASLD Parcels

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks goldenIrishman that's a cool map! I found some of what I needed to know. Now I need to find out who owns the property.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks goldenIrishman that's a cool map! I found some of what I needed to know. Now I need to find out who owns the property.

In many counties, the county assessor's office will have ownership data in an interactive map available. On their website. I use that a lot as I chase down permission to prospect in metro Denver...works great for me.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
In many counties, the county assessor's office will have ownership data in an interactive map available. On their website. I use that a lot as I chase down permission to prospect in metro Denver...works great for me.

Thanks for the tip Kevin! I'm going to search for the County records.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone!

If I had a section of property that I saw on google earth in Arizona and I wanted to find out if it is already claimed or if it is privately owned or whom owns the claim or property is there anywhere online where I could search to find the info?

Thanks for any help!

There was a really good thread on this, but I can't find it. I don't remember who started it but a couple of the guys that really know chimed in with some great information. I thought it was here in prospecting. Poke around, it was really great information.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
Search highway 49 sluicing it takes a bit but there is some good info. Also claydiggins is working on an article about this subject as he seems to be an expert.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone for the great advice! The property is privately owned, I've found and contacted the owner.

You have all been a big help and it's really appreciated!

Thanks Again!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
No problamo amigo! Just let us know if you get permission to scope the property out from the owner and how you do.

OP
OP
chlsbrns

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
No problamo amigo! Just let us know if you get permission to scope the property out from the owner and how you do.

I spoke with the owner and will be flying out there ASAP!

They know nothing about mining and were very happy to hear from me. It's not every day that some stranger calls and says there is a gold vein on their property. They were skeptical until I emailed them the USGS info.

You all made things a lot easier for me & I really appreciate it!

jojo21

Aug 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would someone find out where or if prospecting is allowed in areas around them. I live in Savannah, Ga. not sure if it would be ok to do or not.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Most county assessors provide access to this via online maps. For example, read the last paragraph of this page from the Fulton County, GA assessor site:
http://www.qpublic.net/ga/fulton/maps.html

Once you know who owns the land, you can contact them for permission and rules.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread