Where would you cache your gold!?

hey_ad_man

Mar 23, 2015
Northern California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
cowhill_04.jpgcowhill_01.jpgcowhill_02.jpgcowhill_03.jpg

Upvote 0
....and remember, he was sick, so where would you bury something like this if you were sick??:thumbsup:

I heard something like, two or three miles? I wonder if the story is even true? I heard about it from one of those lost treasure websites.. then some ol local boys on facebook posted the story, and once I sparked interest told me they found a gold coin 20+ years. Turned out they were yanking my chain about the coin.. makes me wonder if story is even real, ya know? I see you have Apple Pickers as your avatar.....

IMG_2656.JPGIMG_2660.JPGIMG_2659.JPGIMG_2657.JPG

I found this old hallowed tree with a broken plank stuffed inside. I dropped the detector inside and got a hit. Evaluating the ground around me, I noticed softball size cement rocks. After that, I noticed a nearby water tank. Then it got me thinking, I'm crazy for being our here, looking for a "treasure" haha! Then I started thinking, maybe the prospector hid it in the crevice of a tree where the branches leave the trunk. Haha! I highly doubt it even exist. Probably some ol country boys lookin to pull some chains haha

If'n it aint around those rocks, then check the outhouse.

Well, if he was weak & sick, it wouldn't be at the top of a hill. It also wouldn't be in a deep hole he had to dig. A weak old man, it seems to me, would find a rock he could... roll! Then roll BACK over his cache.

Just thinking out loud. (I'll be happy to take 10% if this works!)

Well, if he was weak & sick, it wouldn't be at the top of a hill. It also wouldn't be in a deep hole he had to dig. A weak old man, it seems to me, would find a rock he could... roll! Then roll BACK over his cache.

Just thinking out loud. (I'll be happy to take 10% if this works!)
That's what I'm beginning to think.. good input.

In the old days I am told a favorite spot was under the bedroom window. If a thief came in the night, digging might be heard in the bedroom. So that would be the first place I would look. trees near the house were also used as markers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back