What's new

Where?

Curious The George

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
655
Reaction score
133
Golden Thread
1
Location
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that we all want to protect our digging spots. However it sure does make a post more interesting if I have some idea of the part of the country that the items are found.

I note that a lot of members don't even have the state that they live in on their tag lines. I have no problem telling anyone exactly where I live. That information will not get you anywhere in finding where I may dig and find some very interesting item.

Even knowing that the find was in the Southern States or New England would add to the value to a reader in understanding what can be found in the region that one is living and exploring.

Comments?
 
I'm sure it's a touchy subject with alot of people, and a personal decision we will all have to respect. I am interested to hear members comments with their reasons for giving/withholding location info. In my opinion you can give a state/region without divulging too much info.

KG6YLL
 
This is the wrong forum for this topic but I agree with you that it is nice to know the area or the type of location (farm, park, cellar hole, 1800s house, etc.)

Although if the poster feels uncomfortable posting that information then I would rather see the finds without the location then not see them at all. The only time I will not tell the location is if it is private property and the owner has specifically given me permission to hunt it. I don't want another hunter getting me kicked off a site but if it is on public land I always share the location of my finds if someone asks.

NJ (by the way can you tell what state I'm finding my stuff in :wink:)
 
Isn't England enough for you? :D
 
Well, I do not advertise where I live just out of standard internet security procedures. I never, ever use my real name, and just prefer to be relatively anonymous on the net. Too much identity theft going on in this world these days, among other reasons.
 
Hey Mac, I certainly don't try to hide too much of my post..... for me by the time I post my finds....I have pretty much completely hunted out the site....NOT THE TOWN or CITY or STATE... And I pretty much only hunt private property anymore....so I would WELCOME anyone who wishes to HELP! That includes Knockin on DOORS and getting potential leads. I have never hunted with anyone...and think it would be fun. But I also respect that others do wish to keep their nest eggs hidden. Just personal preference. I did note that you do not list what state you are from?? Or am I missing it somewhere..... RE: it would be nice to see which state a person lives in.... Just my thoughts. By the way, is that a 1905 or 1895 barber you use for an avatar? SWEET!
 
MalteseFalcon said:
Well, I do not advertise where I live just out of standard internet security procedures. I never, ever use my real name, and just prefer to be relatively anonymous on the net. Too much identity theft going on in this world these days, among other reasons.

Very true, maybe I shouldn't have used my real name........CRUSADER :wink:
 
Mac In Oak Ridge said:
I know that we all want to protect our digging spots. However it sure does make a post more interesting if I have some idea of the part of the country that the items are found.

I note that a lot of members don't even have the state that they live in on their tag lines. I have no problem telling anyone exactly where I live. That information will not get you anywhere in finding where I may dig and find some very interesting item.

Even knowing that the find was in the Southern States or New England would add to the value to a reader in understanding what can be found in the region that one is living and exploring.

Comments?
I got done reading your post an looked where you lived an you don't have what state you live in on your tag line....
 
MalteseFalcon said:
Well, I do not advertise where I live just out of standard internet security procedures. I never, ever use my real name, and just prefer to be relatively anonymous on the net. Too much identity theft going on in this world these days, among other reasons.

I can guess where you are...it's a good looking ship...I've been having lunch at the pier for the past week just enjoying the sight. 8)
 
I like knowin' where things are found also. It adds to the fun.

I'd like a map to the sites some members here hunt :)

Jason
 
It's called Paranoia :icon_profileleft: :icon_profileright:
 
[/quote] I got done reading your post an looked where you lived an you don't have what state you live in on your tag line....
[/quote]

Thought I had that included in the data. Fixed it. Thank you for pointing that out to me.
Regards,
Mac
 
I know most people like to keep their diggin spots to themselves, BUT on the other side of the fense, I have met atleast 10 other metal detectorests from this forum and others and have had many people come hunt with me in my good spots. Finding great coins or Civil War relics is fun, but I enjoy sharing my places and meeting new friends...HH...Bill
 
You can find me almost every weekend around Antietam battlefield.
That all I'm gonna say.
LOL
 
tymcmurray said:
You can find me almost every weekend around Antietam battlefield.
That all I'm gonna say.
LOL

Now I have to drive around Antietam a few hundred times this weekend...only kidding.

Happy Hunting.

NJ
 
N.J.THer said:
tymcmurray said:
You can find me almost every weekend around Antietam battlefield.
That all I'm gonna say.
LOL

Now I have to drive around Antietam a few hundred times this weekend...only kidding.

Happy Hunting.

NJ
no need to drive around You'll know Ty when you see him! Just make sure your alarm is set to get up before the roosters crow...
 
Psst!

And will tell you most of the really old stuff is found in Kansas. :tongue3:
 
I see no harm in showing the state you live in. If you protecting a civil war site it's a safe bet it's not Idaho, Wisconsin or whatever but to each his/her own.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom