What's new

Where’s the rest of your collection?

da1984

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2009
Messages
67
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Four (4) boxes today. Someone apparently decided that these BU 64s and other miscellaneous silvers should be in circulation. I could not abide. They were spread out over 3 of the boxes, so I’m guessing there might have been more. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1537583613.932119.webp
 
Upvote 0
Looks like you need to increase your order on Monday and hope to catch the rest. Sweet cull of silver and good luck finding the rest.
 
Wow those 64s are nice. I had this happen once in a box. I found 11 beautiful 64s in one roll and nothing in the rest of the box. It was strange but that happens sometimes.
 
Wow those 64s are nice. I had this happen once in a box. I found 11 beautiful 64s in one roll and nothing in the rest of the box. It was strange but that happens sometimes.

That’s more what I’d expect, but the odd thing here is that they were spread out over 3 boxes with no more than 1 per roll. I’m picking up 4 more boxes tomorrow; hopefully they come from the same pallet.
 
Wow those 64s are nice. I had this happen once in a box. I found 11 beautiful 64s in one roll and nothing in the rest of the box. It was strange but that happens sometimes.

Distribution of silver within a box is very odd; your experience with all in one roll is even more odd. My last box had 10 90% halves in the upper row of 25 rolls and nothing in the lower 25 rolls. My wife's box had nothing in the top row of 25 rows and 17 40% in the lower row. Weird.

I'm staying with my usual order of only 2 boxes per week so as not to abuse the privilege of getting the boxes at one bank - and more importantly, dumping in a coin counter at our credit union. We've heard some good-natured complaints about the dumping because we usually fill the bag in the counter every week. I have responded that I deeply appreciate having the coin counter there and have increased my purchase of CDs there at 25K/pop just to show my gratitude. I point out that I could easily exceed their CD rate by increasing my dividend stock purchases, but buy some CDs just because I realize that I increase their workload when they empty the coin counter.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom