Which headphones for the Tejon?

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I had Killer B's on mine and it gave a nice crisp sound. I have not owned the two you mention. :coffee2:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Jolly Rogers and the Black Widow phones and they sound great but I like the Black Widow's for blocking more outside noises. Both are extremely comfortable for long periods. The Killer Bees are also very good. It is always best to be able to try on a few pair from a metel detector shop which stocks them for a nice fit. The good ones will fit anybody.

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I have a Vaquero and have been using Killer B's with it and have no problem what so ever with the performance of them.
They are very comfortable for long periods of time and keep out external noise.
I tried a pair of Jolly Rogers out, but did not like them and returned them to the dealer.
Hope this helps,
Felix

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Black Widows are nice but pricey. Jolly Rogers felt "plasticky". Been using Killer B's II (twin volume control) and they are fantastic for the money. Leather ear pads are comfy and block plenty of outside noise... :icon_thumright:

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
Another nod to the killer B's. I have the wasps for my Silver Umax. I can say that the detector sounded TOTALLY different (in a good way) after switching from Garrett Master Sound phones. WELL worth the $ those Killer B's are!

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
I run a set of grey ghost on my tejon,vaq,,,they are very good but hot in the summer and feel like you have a vise on your head after awile.

Thats all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread