What's new

Which is best MD out there?

kgunn

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
273
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In ur alls opinion which brand is a better MD, Garrett or Minelab n y?

kgunn
 
Upvote 0
rite on, where would a guy go 4 these online historical maps?
 
Note,In part of subject question about pinpointers: Harborfreight has a pointer "Cen-Tech" model for $16.99 (Seen online). It works and operational for the price, it can be replaced if broken in rough use, no problem. (Some have had for a long time.)
Hopes this helps. Goldentruth
 
Heck yeah golden, now thats cheap compared to the $127 propointer that i were eyeballing. i wonder if its just as good? meaning, r we buying a john deere n simply pay more 4 the green paint job? or does the $127 out perform all others? any thoughts or ideas on this?

kgunn
 
On the pinpointer, there performances equal.
On the ghost town, Saloon and general store sites are the best. Frank
 
Frankn said:
On the pinpointer, there performances equal.
On the ghost town, Saloon and general store sites are the best. Frank

oh brother here we go again.... yes the Garrett Pro Pointer out performs the cheap one. and no its not just a paint job. its more like a professional tool vs a everyday tool... plain and simple. in this case you DO get what you pay for!

now the cheep one is better than nothing.

Chukers
 
pulls out his trusty Susan B. Anthony n gives her a flip... heads 4 propointer, tails 4 cen-tech.......... heads, pro it is... seriously tho gang u all r awesome, i really feel confident w my choices n now when i getm how in hel do ya turn m on lol j/k, but 4 real thx u all...

kgunn
 
I use a Propointer and am very happy with it in all respects. I have never used the Harbor Frieght item, but, I know that piece of crap freebie, the Automax V4 (free when you buy a detector, about $50 if you buy it outright from Kellyco), isn't worth having. Yeah, it works, but, you better have that silver dollar touching the end of it to make it sound off!.....plus, it is big and clunky. Although it may be better than nothing, it ain't a Propointer! I gave mine away.

Whoa! I just took a peek at the Kellyco site to make sure I got the name right and the Automax V4 is now $140!! I guess the new belt clip is really expensive!! Also, they are no longer "given away" with a detector purchase, they just knock the price down to $59.95!!

Edit: Crap......I already said all this once! My only excuse is alzhiemer's.
 
then it was one hel of a 'good' coin flip, huh???
appreciate it sir... ur alright in my book... :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
that goes 4 all of ya, just incase u was wondern...

kgunn
 
Lets Talk Reading Material...
ok if u would plz, tell me whats the best treasure magazine n ur top '3' books ud recommend 4 the beginner, such as i? dont b shy, lets chatter up...

kgunn
 
O RITE ON, Mr Chukers... thx bud...

kgunn
 
4 the FNG's that ask what 2 get check this out...
 
kgunn said:
4 the FNG's that ask what 2 get check this out...


Err, ummmm, uh, check what out?? :dontknow:
 
it will not show up, i dont get it, wth? it was a data sheet i put 2gethr when i was searching for new MDer... my bad
 
kgunn said:
it will not show up, i dont get it, wth? it was a data sheet i put 2gethr when i was searching for new MDer... my bad


You have to use FM.
 
wont work, lol
i give up...

kgunn
 
There is no BEST md. A good md becomes a GREAT md when that area between your right ear and left ear does its job and learns the machine. TTC
 
so what r u sayn there terry, u dont have a MD or the one u got sux?

kgunn
 
Hey Gunn. Tnx for the response. What I am saying is the guy (or gal) that knows his $300 md well, will out perform the guy who has a $3000 machine but does not know the machine. I have been md'ing for about 40 years. The new machines today are super! It causes me to scratch my head at those who, after owning a detector for only a couple weeks, declare that the machine sux, yet the guy down the street will swear by the same machine. I am not directing this post, or its content, at you or anyone in particular but TIME on a detector usually turns a dud into a good machine. Incidently, I presently own 5. Tnx. TTC
 
Rumor has it that for silver coin shootin', Minelab Etracs and Explorers are the best tectors. Out there. Period. That's just a rumor I been hearin'
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom