Which is best MD out there?

kgunn said:
oh ok terry, i never thought u was, but u do make a solid point...
Tnx. Happy hunting! TTC

u all were spot on w the garret pin point

The best detector is the one you know: how it reacts to targets, how to set the settings, and what the sounds/screen means...

I let my dad (doesn't metal detect, but wanted to come) use my ETrac on a basic park mode, and I used my back-up machine, a Fisher F2 and ran it as hot as it would go.
I smoked him all day long, sometimes even checking spots he went over and following behind him...LOL
He also dug 20X the garbage I dug.

How the heck could a $200 machine beat a $1500 machine that day?!?!?!?!

I knew how to set the F2 for the conditions, I knew what good targets and garbage sounds like, I probably listened to the faint deep hits better than he did, etc etc etc...

Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, White's all put out some awesome machines from a $200 - $1500 price range. Some are better better for finding certain targets than other (silver magnets, gold magnets, coin machines, etc) but in the end, I believe it comes down to the operator knowing their machine...

Viddy

Viddy said:
The best detector is the one you know: how it reacts to targets, how to set the settings, and what the sounds/screen means...
<snip>
Garrett, Minelab, Fisher, Tesoro, White's all put out some awesome machines from a $200 - $1500 price range. Some are better better for finding certain targets than other (silver magnets, gold magnets, coin machines, etc) but in the end, I believe it comes down to the operator knowing their machine...

Viddy

:icon_thumleft: Can't argue with any of that!! :icon_thumright:

Howdy Kgunn, The best Metal Detector looks like first if you are looking for coins & relics on dry land or in the water areas... deep buried treasure or lookin for Gold Nuggets or to follow a gold pay-streak. Some MDs are good at what they are supposed to do. I personally look sometimes for old coins in old town areas from the 1849's. Now I am into lookin for Gold nuggets, I know to drop $3,000 right now for a Minelab GPX 4500 is kinda hard right now and $6,000+ for a ML GPX 6000 is not in reach but to give the GPX Minelab 4500 a run for the money I got a Whites Goldmaster GMT E-series. What I like about it is I have taken out most common problem "Ground Balance" All I do is set to the factory marked Pre-sets and raise the coil 2 times down and up and IT'S SET! I just JUMPED THE LEARNING CURVE BIG TIME! 1 to 2 min Done. In Austraila, their soil is harsh and very difficult and a lot of detectors fail to work very well. My oppinion is I have some dealers sell a lot of Whites to people in Austrailia. (When Minelab says they are the best in the world.) Well my new toy the Whites GMT can hit a "Hot Rock" where I can press the grab button and cancil out the hot rock and detect around it where it just hits the gold target! The screen can tell me the % chance of iorn so I can just check the "Gold" sounds you get to learn. I am excited it picks up the common 4 & 5 Grain nuggets and of course larger can be found deeper too. I did my homework by recording videos, hands on instruction as well as down loaded the manual. The main thing I have found used GMT's Going for $500 to $580 on ebay. Mine is only 1 year old/used. for $500 +Free Shipping. about half off the new $799+tax. I don't have to pay out for the high end Md's now. and I can coin hunt too. The main thing is easy like plug n play and I know this is one MD I wont be getting rid of to upgrade! I can even check Heavy iorn soil where other detectors are useless. Peace Out Brother, Hope this helps.

I have a 2500 and an Explorer XS. The Minelab is a superior machine in every aspect.

Eye don think eye no but thx 4 the info.

no newts is good newts.

hey golden. good to hear from ya bud. been a min or two. hope all is well. btw u were rite im havg a blast w the 505....

Happy to hear you are along for the adventure/ride. I knew you were going to get set up sooner or later. I can't wait for Summer, but I will be hittin it sooner than that. I still am lookin froward to my new addition (MD) mailed to me. Kinda like having a new son who joined my family. I had plenty of time on my hands while getting my money up for this upgrade: A "Whites" Goldmaster GMT E-Series! I have been so excited to start "Nugget Shooting" in my old mining town I live in. I already downloaded trainning Videos and Manual which I have read every line carefully. I finally WON this item on ebay. Original Price was $799 plus tax. I had won a bid but the seller demanded money in 1 to 2 days, Ebay rules it gives buyers 96 hours.
I emailed the seller I was getting the money and within 2 days he relisted the GMT. I canciled & retracted my bid and found one about $60 lower cost and only a year old. "A buy now" Item @ $650. I offered $450,He declined, I offered $500 he sold it! & I won this item. Much better than $799.00! I am glad your'e having fun with your 505.
Glad to hear from you again buddy. Have a nice one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back