Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Which is "BETTER"

minelab...j/k

I think the better question is not which detector is better but which detectorist is better.

nightwolf

Jul 8, 2008
Bureau County, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I've seen a lot of very nice finds on this site that were found with White's and Garrett's machines, It's kind of hard to really say definitively that one brand is better than another, both companies make different models for various uses. I would say it is more in the hands of the user themselves and how experienced they are with their machine. I'd just tell em to hush up the gumflapping ;D

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT

txkickergirl said:
minelab...j/k

I think the better question is not which detector is better but which detectorist is better.

I agree with both kicker's comments. :thumbsup:

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It aint what you got, but how you use it!

That,s what my wife says, anyway. :tongue3:

dragon6banger

Sep 23, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
garrett gtp 1350

i cant believe he asked this ? it is truly in the hands of the user i love my Garrett gtp1350 but don't think much of the ace 250 it would be a good back up i guess..i guess its all in how you swing it LOL :thumbsup:

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

For me the DFX worked better then the GTI 2500, though I'm not in the US. :thumbsup:

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

wow, I would have to say whatever one works. I don't believe out of the major MD manufactures there is a bad machine, only bad experiences. Unfortunately, detectors get there reviews from the MD'er experiences and not the actual hardware. LEARN how to use them.I've used them all and liked them all. JOE

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hmm Joe. I agree partly. At some places certain things are not "practical" so I think that you'd use what works good for you.

For me the disc info that I got of the GTI was way to limited and not suited for Sweden. 24 notches to represent 100+ coins & trash targets IS limited if you ask me.

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Eu_citzen said:
Hmm Joe. I agree partly. At some places certain things are not "practical" so I think that you'd use what works good for you.

For me the disc info that I got of the GTI was way to limited and not suited for Sweden. 24 notches to represent 100+ coins & trash targets IS limited if you ask me.

Yes I agree but, now that's an application issue and yes, you know if one is not for your area, you find one that is.
The orginal question mentions the word "Crap". And I really don't believe any of the quality Manufactures really offer crap but, like you mention, certian models for certian areas. And yes, I have heard of ALL MD models, like you all here, have a problem once and awhile.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

JOe L said:
Eu_citzen said:

Yes I agree but, now that's an application issue and yes, you know if one is not for your area, you find one that is.
The orginal question mentions the word "Crap". And I really don't believe any of the quality Manufactures really offer crap but, like you mention, certian models for certian areas. And yes, I have heard of ALL MD models, like you all here, have a problem once and awhile.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FL Junkman

Feb 13, 2008
Florida
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70 and Silver U-Max

I believe the best machine is the one you own and use!!

FL Junkman

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Like I said this topic is just for fun,appreciate everyones opinions 8)

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro

It's been said....it's really the user, not the machine. However, in my honest opinion....White's is mo' betta.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bounty Hunter is better than Whites or Garrett... :thumbsup:

I think you inhaled too much of some spice you were cooking with. ;D :wink:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

you know i'm kidding Nick...lol

I have seen some finds that made my mouth drop with a BH but I still believe its all about the user more than the machine.
I heard about 2 guys detecting with the best detectors and out of no where comes a little old lady with the 19.99 harbor freight detector. She said she was a neighbor chatted with the 2 pros and said she bought the detector but never used it and that when she saw them she wanted to give it a try. As they were laughing and making fun of her and her detector (out of ear shot of course) she comes by and asks them if they knew what this metal thing she had just found was and then handed them over a mint cw buckle, they had just detected the area she was in, futhermore, its not a town known to have civil war relics.

Moral of story: Don't make fun of little ol ladies, they will put you in your place before you know it.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

both are great. it depends on what you like. both will find great stuff and are high quality. both have excellent customer service. the differances are in the way they function, the way the controls are laid out, the sound of the tones,etc. it comes down to personal preferance really.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions