What's new

Which is "BETTER"

Re: Which is "BETTER"

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bounty Hunter is better than Whites or Garrett... :thumbsup:

as much as i am not a fan of bounty hunter detectors there is no denying that Bergie is deadly with his 3300. what he might be losing in depth he makes up for by just knowing that machine inside and out! every time i have had a chance to hunt with him he has found some amazing stuff. there really is something to be said about learning what your machine is saying to you. :wink:
 
Re: Which is "BETTER"

The one you can understand the best in your ground...
 
Re: Which is "BETTER"

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
hollowpointred said:
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bounty Hunter is better than Whites or Garrett... :thumbsup:

as much as i am not a fan of bounty hunter detectors there is no denying that Bergie is deadly with his 3300. what he might be losing in depth he makes up for by just knowing that machine inside and out! every time i have had a chance to hunt with him he has found some amazing stuff. there really is something to be said about learning what your machine is saying to you. :wink:

Hollow I was being kinda FUNNY ...

However I will say this ... IMHO my BHQDII is a better machine than the ACE 250 ... I have owned both ... You are right about learning & the BH is easier & friendlier IMHO ... AND for someone just getting into things and wants to start popping things out of the ground rather expeditiously the BH is all ROCK & ROLL ... AND that might just be enough to get the user MORE interested in expanding his horizons ...

I cannot agree with you more about LEARNING your machine ... :thumbsup:


i know man :D i was just pointing out that even with a so so machine, if you really really know it inside and out you can still out hunt a lot of guys with a more expensive machine. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Which is "BETTER"

there you go CW trade in your whites and get a bounty hunter LOL :dontknow:
 
Re: Which is "BETTER"

I can't sugar coat the answer...........the question as I interpret it is simply "Which brand is better". That question can go unanswered or can be asked in several ways such as 1) Which brand makes the best water machine, 2) Which brand has the best all around detector.
But if the question was really more along the lines of "Which machine is better, your Garrett or my White's"...........then there is an answer. But you can't get the answer because someone didn't find anything with a Garrett at a dump and someone made great finds with a White's at a researched site where a Bounty Hunter Jr would've also turned up some good stuff. The bottom line in my opinion is that certain brands do have machines superior to another brand's machine. The reason this is extremely difficult to guage is because different machines are meant for different things........no one machine does it all, and some do one thing better than the other, but may seem to even out in strengths and weakness. I wouldn't compare performance between a Bounty Hunter 3300 to an MXT, or a 250 to an Explorer. They shouldn't be compared. We can say all day long that it's the operator, and I agree. But you put the best of operators behind a 3300 and 250 and do the same with an MXT and Explorer, and I assure you that at least with the Explorer, you will find things at depth and proximity to junk that there is no way a 250 could've ever heard it. The operator thing sounds nice, but there are machines superior to others. Brand-wise, we've yet to see a controlled and overall testing of detectors in their respective classes by an entity with the competence to do so. Much of what we see is either media/ad hyped or done in a way which is uncontrolled and inconclusive. Respective classes? Explorer/DFX, X-terra 70/M6, 250/3300, and such as an example.
So if I'm sitting there with an F-2 and my friend has an MXT and the question arises, "Which is better, Fisher or White's", there couldn't really be an answer, but machine-wise, the MXT is obviously superior. And I could possibly out-hunt someone who just got his Explorer a couple of months ago using an ACE 250..........but let's see me accomplish that against Capt_SE or Bryce or my buddy Joe G! No way. I could be the best 250 user out there, but it's not happening.
 
Re: Which is "BETTER"

I know I'm gonna get a pounding here but I will say I like "Made in America"! Tim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom