Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: Just wondering,I've narrowed it down to an Ace250 or a Tesoro Cibola???. Basically either one of these will be My first MD,I've used the Ace,but it was several years ago,and I found myself always looking at the screen.The Cibola doesn't have a screen and has better depth & a lifetime warranty,the Ace has a screen and a 2year warranty.I'll be using either one in wooden areas,fields,but no beaches,basically central Texas habitat.Please help me on either Thanks:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Produce Guy,

I've used the Ace 250 which found me some keepers....but if I were you I'd go with the Cibola.....that way no 2nd guessing yourself by checking the screen....go by sound and you'll find more goodies.

Regards + HH

Bill

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cibola Hands down. I have owned and used both units. The Cibola is deeper, with better discrimination. It is lighter, and is much better in hot soil.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't matter, they are both good. Pick one and have fun.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If u get the ace get the next model yup the 350. I got the 250 and I'm getting ready to up after 6 months. Its a great machine to start with but I feel like out misses targets.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll give you the same solid advise I gave Shep63 :thumbsup:

Well, I guess it's time to get your favorite coin and call it in the air
thumbsup.gif
laughing7.gif

Hey, if you 2 guys live near each other get in contact and get both of your wishes answered, then get on a swap out program :tongue3:

Forget that 350 thing too :laughing7: The only real difference is an extra $100 price tag :tongue3: Yes, it has a different coil, but the machine is pretty much the same. You can use the $100 you saved and buy an additional coil :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Produce Guy

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys,it'll be the Cibola.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be curious to see how well you like the machine once you get accustomed to it :thumbsup:

P.S. That won't be overnight either :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread