Which Sluice is Best

Go With Bazooka!

The top would work well that way but IMO the tubes would need to be fed using a adjustable pressure regulator.
Yeah that is what I would have to do. I think they make some decent ones for irrigation that might work. Then you would not have to worry about blowing up your fluid bed.
I have to calculate the flow I would need though. Those honda pumps are $$. I would like to find a way to make a trash pump work with a suction nozzle for shallow work and it can double as a feed for the highbanker.

I set up my super mini and 36" prospector to highbank. From experience the only hard part I ran into was building a manifold that would provide the fluid bed tubes with even flow. Using t's and 90's (elbows) the flow will favor one tube more then others no matter how you plumb it. but there has to be some way it can be done:icon_scratch:

Last edited:
There needs to be a manifold style pressure system where the feed tube fills a larger tube or box (reservoir) that each tube receives equal flow. T's and elbows will feed unevenly. The feed needs to be high volume low pressure. I would guess if you had a 3" tube x the width of the box and fed it from the center that might work well. I haven't tried it just my opinion.

Last edited:
I did it and it works fine.
I'll show you how I evened out the flow between tubes.
First the tubes need to be connected together at the far ends as in the first photo.
That way the flow will even out between tubes, even though the manifold is fed from one side.
It's the circulation that evens out the flow, along with the distance from the manifold to the tubes.
Once it's on a minute the pressures equalize.

There are other ways to do it but this was the easiest way with over the counter parts that are available.
A custom formed manifold would do it best.

gt2.jpg manifold.jpg

gthb.jpg

GG~

Last edited:
Wow never thought when I opened this thread that I would get so many incredible examples. You guys know your stuff. Now I just wait for bazooka to come out with high banker kit and I'm in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back