Which Teknetics Detector?

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know much about the G2. Never hunted with T2 but hear its a cousin to the f/75 which I have and love. Got a Patriot,...Lovin it as well. Good luck with your choice.

TC024

Feb 25, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Shopping for first now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugh I hate i missed that coupon! Love the Patriot also but not to sure It would be that smart spending that much on a first detector!

aaroncr

Dec 29, 2016
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugh I hate i missed that coupon! Love the Patriot also but not to sure It would be that smart spending that much on a first detector!

Don't know what your budget is but its a lot of bang for your buck.

TC024

Feb 25, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Shopping for first now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I agree, I was thinking Compadre or Ace series to see how well I liked detecting until I started looking again the last week or two. The Liberator at $219 again would send me running for my credit card! lol The Patriot is amazing and If I could get to that price point I will but I got a kid graduating and several birthdays coming up! Stupid responsibilities! lol Im in no hurry so I can watch and wait a while.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $650 for my F70 which is identical to the $399 Patriot.

Im in no hurry so I can watch and wait a while.

That's how you missed the $219 Liberators.....

:occasion14:

TC024

Feb 25, 2013
Johnson City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Shopping for first now
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid $650 for my F70 which is identical to the $399 Patriot.

Im in no hurry so I can watch and wait a while.

That's how you missed the $219 Liberators.....

:occasion14:

lol i forgot about the watching part! :icon_pirat:

Cladjuckie

May 14, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going throw my hat in the ring here. I have had the Gamma 6000 now for about a month now which is replacing a old Minelab unit that there just no parts for it anymore so not wanting to spend too much I pick up the 6000 and so far I'm very happy with. It came with the stock 10" coil which worked just fine but since then I have pick up a CORS Fortune 9.5″ x 5.5” DD which is what I'm using right now and it works very well in trashy places. Over all very good detector which won't break the bank.

dgerst

Dec 9, 2008
SW Kansas
Detector(s) used
Multi Kruzer, Teknetics Patriot, Bandido II μMax, Tejon, Deeptech Vista Warrior, Treasure Baron Cointrax 2.2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro which is identical to the Teknetics Liberator. I also have a Patriot. Both fine machines. The Patriot is going to have a faster recovery speed and better depth. particularly in discriminate. The Liberator /LRP has excellent depth in all metal mode though.

The pinpoint button on the LRP sucks. I sent mine in and they fixed it for free (even though mine was purchased used. FTP customer service is second to none.) The repair didn't give much improvement however. I'm not sure if the Liberator's pinpoint is as trouble-prone as the LRP. Someone else will have to chime in on that. A permanent fix is a toggle switch mod. It's easy to do and I'd reccomend it. Pinpointing in discriminate with a DD coil is easy and accurate but VCO is handy for sizing a target.

The Patriot is a lot busier in the audio department but that's because it's super sensitive, runs at a higher frequency, and recovers lightning fast. You hear everything. But spend some time learning the settings and you can run pretty quiet and still super deep.

I'd say if you're relatively new to the hobby then buy a Liberator/LRP. But even then if you're willing to tune things down a bit at first with the Patriot you'd be happy with it as well, and have more horsepower available to you as you spend more time with it. Neither one is a bad choice.

Last edited:

BH505Man

Nov 18, 2013
Granite Falls, WA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 6",11" coils, Teknetics T2SE,&T2 Classic, 5", CORS Fortune 5.5x9.5", 11", CORS Strike 12x13", 15"coils, Legacy 3500, 4", 8",10" & 11"DD coils, Lesche digging Knife, Lesche T Handle Shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with the T2 over all the others. It's a tried and proven performer. No contest!

Last edited:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
010.JPG :icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft::icon_thumleft: 012.JPG

BenVa68

Mar 9, 2018
Hopewell va.
Detector(s) used
Technetics T2+ Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 2 Technetics detectors. I love the T2. It is light, easy to use and it searches deep. I would definitely recommend it. I will say the stock coil was good but i had trouble with EMI so i switched to a Mars Tiger coil and it really helped. Plus it's fast! Great recovery speed. I am hunting places that i could never hunt before because of the electrical interference using the stock coil.

Cardando

Dec 30, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a Liberator I'm looking to let go of if anyone is interested. I got myself an AT PRo.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd go with the Patriot, the T2 can only use T2 coils where as the chance on snagging a used coil at a good price for the Liberator is going to be easier since they are comparable to the F75 series. Both machines run the same freq and the F70 had DP mode in lieu of boost, they act the same.

The only way I'd go for the T2+ package is if I needed a pin pointer, (not fond of a green pinpointer, seems like it would be easy to lose in a woods).

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
sluggo, I ditto loco's comments, (Lately I say that a lot,,,,lol) what ever you get learn the machine, take time with it and learn to listen to it, they do talk to you when you get to know them.
Good Luck!
Stay Gold!
Opie

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve got a Gamma and a Delta, depending on your soil type and what you’re after, you may really like a delta. I got the Delta as a beginner model and I just keep going back to it. I’ve picked up a few machines since and it’s still my favorite machine. I got a nel sharpshooter for the gamma and it helps me a bunch on the pull tabs. It does just as well on the delta so I would toss a vote to the delta and if you still have money left pick up an extra coil.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cant go wrong with any First Texas machine, but I really like my Patriot! Good Luck and please keep us posted.

MidTN

Aug 22, 2018
Mt Pleasant, TN
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Patriot & Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If money is a issue Teknetics Minuteman on sale for $199.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread